Synology® Unveils DiskStation DS411slim
Green, Compact, Quiet and Powered by Award Winning Synology DiskStation Manager 3.0
Taipei, Taiwan-January 25, 2011-Synology® Inc. today launched the DiskStation DS411slim, a palm-sized 4-bay NAS server, which boasts a read speed of over 100MB/sec and is tailored for home and small office users who look for a green and quiet file sharing and backup solution, along with multimedia enrichment.
With a small and lightweight construction, the DS411slim measures 120X105X142mm, nearly a quarter of the size of a conventional 3.5-inch 4-bay NAS server, and weighs 0.66 kg only. However, its compact design does not sacrifice its high performance, which reaches 106.9MB/sec reading and 48.6MB/sec writing speeds under RAID 5 configuration in a Windows® environment.
The smart fan design of the DS411slim significantly eliminates the noise. The DS411slim preserves silence in hibernation and measures 21.1 dB(A) with 4 disks fully loaded in operation, which is lower than the average noise level of 28-33 dB(A) in a quiet room.
Adopting 2.5'' hard drives, the DS411slim is reliable, tolerating a higher level of vibration whereas consuming less power. The fully loaded DS411slim is energy-saving with merely 16.8 watts in operation and even 9.6 watts in hibernation. The DS411slim is powered by a 1.6GHz CPU, 256MB DDR3 RAM, one Gigabit LAN port, two USB 2.0 ports and one eSATA port. Compliant with 1TB hard disks, the DS411slim supports a maximum capacity of 4TB. Its snap-in trays further minimizes users' effort in replacing and installing disks.
"We have observed that the price gap between 2.5'' and 3.5'' hard drives is narrowing. Now the DS411slim is more affordable with no compromise on its high performance and versatile features," commented Peter Chen, product manager of Synology Inc.
The DS411slim is powered by DiskStation Manager 3.0 (DSM 3.0), the operating system of every Synology DiskStation. DSM 3.0 makes complicated things simple and hard things possible by providing versatile features on a snappy, intuitive, and multitasking web-based user interface. DSM 3.0 has received numerous global recognitions, including the "Future Tech Winner-Best Storage Technology of CES 2011" award from the US Maximum PC magazine.
Visit http://www.synology.com/enu/products/DS411slim/index.php for more product information.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform