AMD Promotes Two Technical Leaders to Corporate Fellow
Critical software and power management contributions recognized with appointments to company's highest technical level
Sunnyvale, CA -1/24/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced the appointments of Sam Naffziger and Leendert van Doorn to AMD Corporate Fellow for their leadership in power management technology and software development, respectively. Corporate Fellow is the highest level of technical recognition at AMD, with Naffziger and van Doorn becoming only the third and fourth employees to hold the position.
"This designation is reserved for individuals who impact AMD's business opportunities and technical breadth by providing a high degree of expertise, creativity and strategic direction," said Chekib Akrout, senior vice president and general manager of AMD Technology Development. "Sam and Leendert are not only leaders in their respective technical fields, but they are also crucial to AMD's competitive position."
Naffziger has more than 22 years of experience in developing microprocessors and is a recognized visionary in circuit design and power management technologies. Since joining AMD in 2006 he has been a leader at the company in high-frequency, low-power circuit design, including significant contributions to the new "Bulldozer" x86 processing core scheduled to come to market in the first half of this year. Naffziger has also been the primary architect behind a number of key power reduction and management technologies being deployed AMD's upcoming processors codenamed "Llano", "Orochi" and "Trinity." He is the named inventor on 92 issued patents, 13 of which were filed while he was at AMD, and has contributed more than 25 IEEE publications and presentations to the industry.
Leendert van Doorn
As a software visionary, van Doorn is a recognized technical authority in a number of key areas including operating systems, virtualization, security and manageability. He has been consistently recognized for making significant contributions that intersect across AMD's product roadmaps, making the company a valued and trusted partner with software developers. Prior to joining AMD, Leendert held of number of technical titles at organizations including IBM and AT&T. Leendert is an adjunct professor at Carnegie Mellon University, is the named inventor on 6 patents and has published over 40 peer reviewed books, conference papers and journal contributions.
Corporate Fellows are appointed after a rigorous review process that assesses not only specific technical contributions to AMD, but involvement in the industry at large, mentoring of others and improving the long-term strategic position of the company.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APU). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog