Active Media Products Takes Notebook Storage Performance to New Peaks with SaberTooth ZF 1.8-Inch Turbo Speed PATA ZIF SSD
Notebook Upgrade Drives Deliver Lightning Speeds up to 130MB/sec in Capacities up to 128GB
Fremont, California - January 24, 2011 - Active Media Products is now shipping what may be the world's fastest 1.8" ZIF drive designed expressly to boost storage performance in laptop upgrades. The new SaberTooth ZF from AMP is an industry standard 40-pin PATA ZIF SSD, available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities, that offers previously unheard of performance from a PATA drive, with sequential transfer speeds up to 130MB/sec.
The SaberTooth ZF will dramatically improve bootup and application load times compared to conventional ZIF hard disk drives. It incorporates the new EastWho IDE controller, which features garbage collection, wear leveling and bad block management, combined with highly reliable MLC NAND flash. The ZF was designed specifically for laptop upgrades, and includes a mini screwdriver and installation guide. It measures 2.8 x 2.1 x 0.2 inches (70 x 54 x 5 mm) and uses an industry standard PATA ZIF interface so it is interchangeable with standard 1.8-inch ZIF HDDs. It is one of the fastest and easiest ways to upgrade dozens of different netbooks and UMPCs to higher performance and more local storage.
Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson said in a statement, "The SaberTooth ZF may be the fastest available upgrade for a ZIF hard drive. This drive will dramatically improve the responsiveness of compatible laptops. In fact, there's no better way to upgrade the performance of a sluggish laptop than with the SaberTooth ZF." AMP's SSD Selector Guide provides a list of compatible laptops. The ZF is available now in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities through Amazon or directly through http://www.ActiveMP.com.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in small form factor SSDs and manufactures the Wink and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- US, European consumers quickly buy accessories from Xiaomi Mi store
- Trying to make hit mobile game and generate revenue proving difficult
- Americans think privacy is important, but doubt its possibility
- Google stepping up in Internet of Things, with its Brillo OS
- Want realistic 3D? Microsoft HoloLens should be able to deliver
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications