Active Media Products Takes Notebook Storage Performance to New Peaks with SaberTooth ZF 1.8-Inch Turbo Speed PATA ZIF SSD
Notebook Upgrade Drives Deliver Lightning Speeds up to 130MB/sec in Capacities up to 128GB
Fremont, California - January 24, 2011 - Active Media Products is now shipping what may be the world's fastest 1.8" ZIF drive designed expressly to boost storage performance in laptop upgrades. The new SaberTooth ZF from AMP is an industry standard 40-pin PATA ZIF SSD, available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities, that offers previously unheard of performance from a PATA drive, with sequential transfer speeds up to 130MB/sec.
The SaberTooth ZF will dramatically improve bootup and application load times compared to conventional ZIF hard disk drives. It incorporates the new EastWho IDE controller, which features garbage collection, wear leveling and bad block management, combined with highly reliable MLC NAND flash. The ZF was designed specifically for laptop upgrades, and includes a mini screwdriver and installation guide. It measures 2.8 x 2.1 x 0.2 inches (70 x 54 x 5 mm) and uses an industry standard PATA ZIF interface so it is interchangeable with standard 1.8-inch ZIF HDDs. It is one of the fastest and easiest ways to upgrade dozens of different netbooks and UMPCs to higher performance and more local storage.
Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson said in a statement, "The SaberTooth ZF may be the fastest available upgrade for a ZIF hard drive. This drive will dramatically improve the responsiveness of compatible laptops. In fact, there's no better way to upgrade the performance of a sluggish laptop than with the SaberTooth ZF." AMP's SSD Selector Guide provides a list of compatible laptops. The ZF is available now in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities through Amazon or directly through http://www.ActiveMP.com.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in small form factor SSDs and manufactures the Wink and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- These Corsair K65 RGB keyboard replacement keycaps are amazing
- North Korean's exposed to the world through smuggled media devices
- Aussie underdog CS:GO team Vox Eminor loses a player
- Jackman to play X-men's Wolverine just once more
- Russia announces plans to create new space station with NASA, others
- Chappie (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- Z87M-D3H BIOS-mod to run all cores at 3.9ghz for i7-4770(non-k)
- Machine won't turn on - Need help Please
- Battlefield Hardline Xbox One Game Review
- asrock z97 professional Front USB
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi