Active Media Products Takes Notebook Storage Performance to New Peaks with SaberTooth ZF 1.8-Inch Turbo Speed PATA ZIF SSD
Notebook Upgrade Drives Deliver Lightning Speeds up to 130MB/sec in Capacities up to 128GB
Fremont, California - January 24, 2011 - Active Media Products is now shipping what may be the world's fastest 1.8" ZIF drive designed expressly to boost storage performance in laptop upgrades. The new SaberTooth ZF from AMP is an industry standard 40-pin PATA ZIF SSD, available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities, that offers previously unheard of performance from a PATA drive, with sequential transfer speeds up to 130MB/sec.
The SaberTooth ZF will dramatically improve bootup and application load times compared to conventional ZIF hard disk drives. It incorporates the new EastWho IDE controller, which features garbage collection, wear leveling and bad block management, combined with highly reliable MLC NAND flash. The ZF was designed specifically for laptop upgrades, and includes a mini screwdriver and installation guide. It measures 2.8 x 2.1 x 0.2 inches (70 x 54 x 5 mm) and uses an industry standard PATA ZIF interface so it is interchangeable with standard 1.8-inch ZIF HDDs. It is one of the fastest and easiest ways to upgrade dozens of different netbooks and UMPCs to higher performance and more local storage.
Active Media Products VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson said in a statement, "The SaberTooth ZF may be the fastest available upgrade for a ZIF hard drive. This drive will dramatically improve the responsiveness of compatible laptops. In fact, there's no better way to upgrade the performance of a sluggish laptop than with the SaberTooth ZF." AMP's SSD Selector Guide provides a list of compatible laptops. The ZF is available now in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities through Amazon or directly through http://www.ActiveMP.com.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in small form factor SSDs and manufactures the Wink and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now