ICY TIP: Easily Install an 2.5" SATA SAS Hard Drive and SSD into Mac Pro 3.5" slot using the ICY DOCK MB982IP-1S Full Metal SSD Converter
As most people familiar with the computer industry are aware, solid state drives are slowly taking hold of most people's computers, whether they are from companies like HP or Dell, or if they are custom built by the user. However, in all of this commotion, one group of people has been neglected, and that is the large community of Mac Pro desktop users. Even now, Mac Pro desktops are not set up to natively uses a 2.5" SSD, so the user is left to find their own solution. But a simple bracket will not allow an SSD to be mounted like on a normal PC case. The problem must be solved with a product that emulates a 3.5" SATA HDD so that it can be mounted in the Mac Pro drive tray, and slide in for a smooth and seamless installation.
As a leader in the storage enclosure industry, Icy Dock is proud to provide the top rated solution for Mac Pro users. Using the Icy Dock MB982IP-1S, a Mac Pro user can insert a 2.5" SATA / SAS hard drive and SSD and can then easily mount it to the Mac Pro drive tray for installation. The MB982IP-1S is a perfect simulation of a 3.5" SATA HDD, using the same dimensions, mounting hole locations, and connections. It is constructed with a full metal frame and a stylish silver finish to match perfectly with the Mac Pro.
Here are some great SSDs to consider for use with Mac Pro systems for lightning fast performance:
G.Skill Phoenix Pro
Kingston SSDNow V
Kingston SSDNow V+
OCZ Vertex 2
OCZ Agility 2
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD
The MB982IP-1S is now available at Other World Computing (Macsales.com):
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss says the PS4 has a 'huge lead' over the Xbox One
- Half-Life 3 teased in a recent update to Dota 2
- Naughty Dog: around 80% of PS4 gamers 'have never played Uncharted'
- Elon Musk refers to Apple as 'Tesla's graveyard'
- Sony started working on PlayStation VR in 2010
- Fatal1ty Gaming K4- can't get BIOS to update
- Z170 gaming K4-DOS Bios file name more than 8 characters
- Slow performance on new RAID array after cloning old array?
- Connection questions Z170 Extreme 6+ motherboard
- Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6 won't POST when loading XMP Profile for G-Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz Black DDR4
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent