ICY TIP: Easily Install an 2.5" SATA SAS Hard Drive and SSD into Mac Pro 3.5" slot using the ICY DOCK MB982IP-1S Full Metal SSD Converter
As most people familiar with the computer industry are aware, solid state drives are slowly taking hold of most people's computers, whether they are from companies like HP or Dell, or if they are custom built by the user. However, in all of this commotion, one group of people has been neglected, and that is the large community of Mac Pro desktop users. Even now, Mac Pro desktops are not set up to natively uses a 2.5" SSD, so the user is left to find their own solution. But a simple bracket will not allow an SSD to be mounted like on a normal PC case. The problem must be solved with a product that emulates a 3.5" SATA HDD so that it can be mounted in the Mac Pro drive tray, and slide in for a smooth and seamless installation.
As a leader in the storage enclosure industry, Icy Dock is proud to provide the top rated solution for Mac Pro users. Using the Icy Dock MB982IP-1S, a Mac Pro user can insert a 2.5" SATA / SAS hard drive and SSD and can then easily mount it to the Mac Pro drive tray for installation. The MB982IP-1S is a perfect simulation of a 3.5" SATA HDD, using the same dimensions, mounting hole locations, and connections. It is constructed with a full metal frame and a stylish silver finish to match perfectly with the Mac Pro.
Here are some great SSDs to consider for use with Mac Pro systems for lightning fast performance:
G.Skill Phoenix Pro
Kingston SSDNow V
Kingston SSDNow V+
OCZ Vertex 2
OCZ Agility 2
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD
The MB982IP-1S is now available at Other World Computing (Macsales.com):
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Radeon RX 480 priced at $199, a mid-range VR champion?
- Watch AMD's Polaris reveal livestream right here
- Japan being Japan teases 8K video streaming over a 5G network
- Learn everything Java with the Ultimate Java Bundle
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 - Both BIOS And System Informaiton Viewer - Smart Fan Advanced Software, Do NOT Control Fans
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series