ICY TIP: Easily Install an 2.5" SATA SAS Hard Drive and SSD into Mac Pro 3.5" slot using the ICY DOCK MB982IP-1S Full Metal SSD Converter
As most people familiar with the computer industry are aware, solid state drives are slowly taking hold of most people's computers, whether they are from companies like HP or Dell, or if they are custom built by the user. However, in all of this commotion, one group of people has been neglected, and that is the large community of Mac Pro desktop users. Even now, Mac Pro desktops are not set up to natively uses a 2.5" SSD, so the user is left to find their own solution. But a simple bracket will not allow an SSD to be mounted like on a normal PC case. The problem must be solved with a product that emulates a 3.5" SATA HDD so that it can be mounted in the Mac Pro drive tray, and slide in for a smooth and seamless installation.
As a leader in the storage enclosure industry, Icy Dock is proud to provide the top rated solution for Mac Pro users. Using the Icy Dock MB982IP-1S, a Mac Pro user can insert a 2.5" SATA / SAS hard drive and SSD and can then easily mount it to the Mac Pro drive tray for installation. The MB982IP-1S is a perfect simulation of a 3.5" SATA HDD, using the same dimensions, mounting hole locations, and connections. It is constructed with a full metal frame and a stylish silver finish to match perfectly with the Mac Pro.
Here are some great SSDs to consider for use with Mac Pro systems for lightning fast performance:
G.Skill Phoenix Pro
Kingston SSDNow V
Kingston SSDNow V+
OCZ Vertex 2
OCZ Agility 2
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD
The MB982IP-1S is now available at Other World Computing (Macsales.com):
Latest News Posts
- LG asks to "save the date" for April 28, G4 unveiling?
- Epic new 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer hits the web
- NVIDIA acquires Valve, announces Half-Life 3 release for 2016
- See the Grand Theft Auto 5 PC trailer with 60fps later this week
- US military wants dormant drones that can launch from ocean bottom
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- AMD's Future of Gaming: FreeSync, DirectX 12, LiquidVR, VR and more
- Asus n5 dh71 subwoofer problem
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi