ICY TIP: Easily Install an 2.5" SATA SAS Hard Drive and SSD into Mac Pro 3.5" slot using the ICY DOCK MB982IP-1S Full Metal SSD Converter
As most people familiar with the computer industry are aware, solid state drives are slowly taking hold of most people's computers, whether they are from companies like HP or Dell, or if they are custom built by the user. However, in all of this commotion, one group of people has been neglected, and that is the large community of Mac Pro desktop users. Even now, Mac Pro desktops are not set up to natively uses a 2.5" SSD, so the user is left to find their own solution. But a simple bracket will not allow an SSD to be mounted like on a normal PC case. The problem must be solved with a product that emulates a 3.5" SATA HDD so that it can be mounted in the Mac Pro drive tray, and slide in for a smooth and seamless installation.
As a leader in the storage enclosure industry, Icy Dock is proud to provide the top rated solution for Mac Pro users. Using the Icy Dock MB982IP-1S, a Mac Pro user can insert a 2.5" SATA / SAS hard drive and SSD and can then easily mount it to the Mac Pro drive tray for installation. The MB982IP-1S is a perfect simulation of a 3.5" SATA HDD, using the same dimensions, mounting hole locations, and connections. It is constructed with a full metal frame and a stylish silver finish to match perfectly with the Mac Pro.
Here are some great SSDs to consider for use with Mac Pro systems for lightning fast performance:
G.Skill Phoenix Pro
Kingston SSDNow V
Kingston SSDNow V+
OCZ Vertex 2
OCZ Agility 2
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD
The MB982IP-1S is now available at Other World Computing (Macsales.com):
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- SpaceX successfully lands another Falcon 9 rocket
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league