TYAN Announces S8225 Workstation Motherboard - Supporting AMD Opteron 4100 Series Processors
New Levels of Power-Efficient Performance for Graphics Workstation and GPU Computing
Fremont, California - January 18, 2011 - TYAN, an industry-leading server platform manufacturer, and a subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp., announces the S8225 workstation motherboard. With support for two six-core AMD Opteron 4100 series processors and up to four double-wide PCI-E 2.0 GPGPU compute accelerators, the S8225 is ideal for graphics workstation and personal supercomputing applications.
"The S8225 workstation motherboard enables price sensitive customers to experience GPU computing performance," stated TYAN Director of Product Marketing, Kevin Hart. "The AMD Opteron 4100 series processors provide improved power efficiency at a lower cost."
In addition to four double-wide PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots, the S8225 features four 1-Gbit Ethernet ports, integrated support for IPMI 2.0, and an optional LSI 2008 SAS controller. The S8225 also provides integrated audio, IEEE 1394a headers, and TPM 1.2 support in an EATX 12" x13" form factor.
The S8225 is available now through TYAN distributors worldwide. OEM pricing is available on request.
MiTAC Group (TSE:2315) operating IDMS(Innovation, Design, Manufacture, Service)business approaches for offering consolidate service to customers and users. MiTAC Groups is consisted of four important business unit, including CSBU (Consumer system Biz Unit), ESBU (Enterprise system Biz Unit), MBU (Mobil Communication Devices Biz Unit) and TBU (TYAN Business Unit). TYAN officially merged by MiTAC International Corporation in 2007 and has become one of the core business units of MiTAC, named TBU (TYAN Business Unit). MiTAC is heading to server platforms and Storage device industry with emerging MiTAC strength in IT industry with R&D, engineering, manufacturing, supplying chain, RMA and TYAN strength in R&D in high end server territory.
TYAN, as a leading server brand under MiTAC Group, designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 and x86-64 server/workstation board technology platforms and server solution products. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, System Integrators, and Resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, reliable products for a wide range of applications such as server appliances and solutions for high-performance computing, and server/workstation usage in markets such as CAD, DCC, E&P and HPC. For more information, visit MiTAC website at http://www.mitac.com or TYAN brand website at http://www.tyan.com
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs