TYAN Announces S8225 Workstation Motherboard - Supporting AMD Opteron¬ô 4100 Series Processors
New Levels of Power-Efficient Performance for Graphics Workstation and GPU Computing
Fremont, California - January 18, 2011 - TYAN, an industry-leading server platform manufacturer, and a subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp., announces the S8225 workstation motherboard. With support for two six-core AMD Opteron¬ô 4100 series processors and up to four double-wide PCI-E 2.0 GPGPU compute accelerators, the S8225 is ideal for graphics workstation and personal supercomputing applications.
"The S8225 workstation motherboard enables price sensitive customers to experience GPU computing performance," stated TYAN Director of Product Marketing, Kevin Hart. "The AMD Opteron¬ô 4100 series processors provide improved power efficiency at a lower cost."
In addition to four double-wide PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots, the S8225 features four 1-Gbit Ethernet ports, integrated support for IPMI 2.0, and an optional LSI 2008 SAS controller. The S8225 also provides integrated audio, IEEE 1394a headers, and TPM 1.2 support in an EATX 12" x13" form factor.
The S8225 is available now through TYAN distributors worldwide. OEM pricing is available on request.
MiTAC Group (TSE:2315) operating IDMS(Innovation, Design, Manufacture, Service)business approaches for offering consolidate service to customers and users. MiTAC Groups is consisted of four important business unit, including CSBU (Consumer system Biz Unit), ESBU (Enterprise system Biz Unit), MBU (Mobil Communication Devices Biz Unit) and TBU (TYAN Business Unit). TYAN officially merged by MiTAC International Corporation in 2007 and has become one of the core business units of MiTAC, named TBU (TYAN Business Unit). MiTAC is heading to server platforms and Storage device industry with emerging MiTAC strength in IT industry with R&D, engineering, manufacturing, supplying chain, RMA and TYAN strength in R&D in high end server territory.
TYAN, as a leading server brand under MiTAC Group, designs, manufactures and markets advanced x86 and x86-64 server/workstation board technology platforms and server solution products. Its products are sold to OEMs, VARs, System Integrators, and Resellers worldwide for a wide range of applications. TYAN enables its customers to be technology leaders by providing scalable, highly-integrated, reliable products for a wide range of applications such as server appliances and solutions for high-performance computing, and server/workstation usage in markets such as CAD, DCC, E&P and HPC. For more information, visit MiTAC website at http://www.mitac.com or TYAN brand website at http://www.tyan.com
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now