Intel, ASUS Launch Project to Create Community-Designed PCs
At WePC.com, Consumers Spark Global Conversations to Dream Up the Ideal Notebook, Netbook and Gaming PCs
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 29, 2008 - Consumers become product designers at WePC.com, a Web site launched today by Intel Corporation and ASUS. WePC.com is where consumers can collaborate with each other and with Intel and ASUS to design innovative new products. The plan is for the two companies to deliver to market what could be the world's first community-designed PCs.
WePC.com will enable a global conversation about the ideal elements of PCs. Visitors to the site can share ideas, vote on submitted concepts and engage in discussions with other community members about the qualities of the "dream" PC.
"Intel believes the spark for innovation can come from anywhere," said Mike Hoefflinger, general manager of Intel's Partner Marketing Group. "That's why Intel is working with ASUS to tap into the creative energy of consumers as they share ideas on designing their ideal PC. Intel is committed to encouraging conversations with consumers and giving people a voice in the design of technology they use every day."
"ASUS and Intel have created WePC.com in an effort to bridge innovation and technology with consumers' wishes," said Lillian Lin, director of ASUS' Marketing Planning Division. "ASUS strives to provide the best user experience with our products. By empowering WePC.com users to play a role in the design process, we expect to deliver cutting-edge community-designed products that address a consumer vision of the dream PC."
The community will be divided into three conversation groups, addressing three of the most popular consumer PC categories: netbooks, notebooks and gaming notebooks. Intel and ASUS hope to bring to market a consumer-inspired product that simplifies and enhances computing needs with Intel and ASUS technology in each category. The PCs will be powered by Intel® Atom, Intel® Centrino® 2 and Intel® Centrino® 2 Extreme processors.
Prizes will be rewarded to select participants for their creative role in this project. Details on prizes will be announced at a later date.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than eight thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue in 2007 was 6.9 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100," and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Eve opens up donations of in-game currency towards Nepal aid
- PAYDAY 2 just released its 21st DLC - 'The Butcher's Western Pack'
- The new Force Awakens trailer with a terrible twist - Jar Jar Binks
- David Goldberg, cheif executive of SurveyMonkey passes away
- iPad Pro rumors heat back up, leading with a 12.9-inch display
- Wake on lan problem
- GB G97x ud5 bk with Kingston Hyperx Predator SHPM2280p2H/240g pcie ssd
- Crucial C300 and M4 dont work together on Asrock Z68 Extreme4en3
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-3 RAM problem with Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP
- Gigabyte GA-Z97-UD5H-BK: What changes for revision 1.2?
- CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE ASCENDANCE AVAILABLE NOW ON PLAYSTATION AND PC
- ESL Mortal Kombat X launch event establishes title as a force in fighting game esports
- PLEX for GOOD - Nepal Earthquake Relief
- The 21st DLC for PAYDAY 2, "The Butcher's Western Pack" launched on Steam April 30th
- COUGAR celebrates first year in Gaming Peripherals, announces exciting future