Kingston Announces SDHC UHS-I UltimateXX
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the SDHC UHS-I UltimateXX memory cards. The highest speed class available today, the UltimateXX meets standards set by the Secure Digital Association for next-level performance in SD card technology.
Shipping later this month, Kingston's UltimateXX memory cards are ideal for the serious photographer or videographer. Photographers will appreciate the ability to easily capture sequential shots that were once a challenge due to the speed limitations of memory. The UltimateXX also makes it easy to capture HD video. The performance of SDHC UHS-I memory card is optimized when paired with a UHS-I device, although the card is backwards compatible with Class 4, 6 and 10 equipment.
"Kingston is pleased to be one of the first manufacturers to offer SDHC UHS-I memory cards to our customers," said Mike Kuppinger, Flash card product manager, Kingston. "Being a member of the SD Association enhances our ability to bring new technology to market. As the devices that support SDHC UHS-I become prevalent, our UltimateXX cards are at the ready."
Kingston's UltimateXX line meets the SD Association standards for the UHS-I speed class with speeds up to 60MB/sec. read and 35MB/sec. write. At this performance level, the write speed of SDHC UHS-I memory cards is more than three times as fast as SDHC Class 10 cards. The UltimateXX product line will offer capacities of 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
Kingston SDHC UHS-1 UltimateXX Features and Specifications:
Performance: 233x - up to 60MB/sec. read, and 35MB/sec. write
Fast: ultra high-speed bus I (UHS-I)
Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification version 3.01
Secure: built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
Compatible: with SDHC and SDXC host devices, not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers
Reliable: lifetime warranty
Simple: as easy as plug-and-play
Capacities*: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
Dimensions: 0.94" x 1.25" x 0.08" (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
Weight: 0.09oz (2.5g)
Storage Temperatures: -40° F to 185° F (-40° C to 85° C)
Operating Temperatures: -13° F to 185° F (-25° C to 85° C)
File Format: FAT32
Latest News Posts
- Gmail for Android updates with new 'All Inboxes' option
- Want to win a Heroes of the Storm key? Enter now!
- $10,000 spent on the Apple Watch gets you private 1-hour appointments
- 1966 'Batman' animated revival with Adam West and Burt Ward underway
- FDA has not been overly aggressive with Apple Watch regulation
- Supermicro C7X99-OCE (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- PC-06S vs PC-06SX?
- Intel Server R2208WT2YS System Review
- booting from SM951
- GIGABYTE BRIX BXi7H-5500 Ultra Compact Mini PC Review
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi