Corsair Adds New Mid-Tower Case to its Award-Winning Obsidian Series
The new Obsidian Series 650D brings the best features of the builder-friendly, full-tower Obsidian Series 800D to a mid-tower design
LAS VEGAS, California - January 06, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D case, the latest addition to its highly-acclaimed Obsidian Series. With a number of innovative features, the first Obsidian Series case-the 800D-garnered worldwide recognition as one of the most builder-friendly cases available, and quickly became a favorite among water-cooling enthusiasts and case modders alike.
The new Obsidian Series 650D brings many of the favorite features of the Obsidian Series-simple, clean design; an innovative cable routing system; room for water cooling; and ample space for even the most complex systems-to a mid-tower case. The 650D also incorporates the same high-quality construction and materials the Obsidian Series is known for, including a rugged steel skeleton and stylish brushed aluminum faceplate.
"As soon as the original Obsidian Series 800D full-tower case was launched, we began to receive an unbelievable number of requests for a smaller, mid-tower version. The rich feature set of the 650D is the result of the direct communication we have with our customers," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "We are pleased to be able to work with such passionate customers, and equally enthusiastic engineers, to bring high-quality products like the 650D to market."
In addition to the features already described, the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D includes a windowed side panel, 200mm front-mounted intake and top-mounted exhaust fans with external fan speed control, eight PCI expansions slots, room for both 1x120 and 2x120mm radiators, as well as an external SATA 6Gbps (SATA Revision 3.0) hot-swap dock. The 650D also features a generous CPU cutout to make installing a CPU cooler simpler, easy-to-open side panels, and tool-free 5.25" and 3.5" drive bays, making the 650D just as builder-friendly as its full-tower predecessor. It has ample room to fit even the longest graphics cards, and the SSD-ready 3.5" drive bays can be reconfigured easily for even more room or improved airflow. And finally, with plenty of space behind the motherboard tray, your cable routing will always be neat and tidy with minimal effort.
The Corsair Obsidian Series 650D is expected to be available in April, 2011, from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $199.99 and is supplied with a 2-year warranty. Like all Corsair products, the Obsidian Series 650D is backed by Corsair's highly regarded customer service and technical support.
For more information on Corsair's range of high-performance cooling solutions, please visit http://www.corsair.com/cases.html.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems, computer cases, and headset and speakers systems.
Latest News Posts
- Get the latest update for Pokémon GO on Android and iOS
- Pre-order Skyrim-themed Monopoly game for March 2017
- Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- Battlefield 1 patch v1.02 released, UI fixes and more
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now