Corsair Adds New Mid-Tower Case to its Award-Winning Obsidian Series
The new Obsidian Series 650D brings the best features of the builder-friendly, full-tower Obsidian Series 800D to a mid-tower design
LAS VEGAS, California - January 06, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D case, the latest addition to its highly-acclaimed Obsidian Series. With a number of innovative features, the first Obsidian Series case-the 800D-garnered worldwide recognition as one of the most builder-friendly cases available, and quickly became a favorite among water-cooling enthusiasts and case modders alike.
The new Obsidian Series 650D brings many of the favorite features of the Obsidian Series-simple, clean design; an innovative cable routing system; room for water cooling; and ample space for even the most complex systems-to a mid-tower case. The 650D also incorporates the same high-quality construction and materials the Obsidian Series is known for, including a rugged steel skeleton and stylish brushed aluminum faceplate.
"As soon as the original Obsidian Series 800D full-tower case was launched, we began to receive an unbelievable number of requests for a smaller, mid-tower version. The rich feature set of the 650D is the result of the direct communication we have with our customers," said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager for Components at Corsair. "We are pleased to be able to work with such passionate customers, and equally enthusiastic engineers, to bring high-quality products like the 650D to market."
In addition to the features already described, the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D includes a windowed side panel, 200mm front-mounted intake and top-mounted exhaust fans with external fan speed control, eight PCI expansions slots, room for both 1x120 and 2x120mm radiators, as well as an external SATA 6Gbps (SATA Revision 3.0) hot-swap dock. The 650D also features a generous CPU cutout to make installing a CPU cooler simpler, easy-to-open side panels, and tool-free 5.25" and 3.5" drive bays, making the 650D just as builder-friendly as its full-tower predecessor. It has ample room to fit even the longest graphics cards, and the SSD-ready 3.5" drive bays can be reconfigured easily for even more room or improved airflow. And finally, with plenty of space behind the motherboard tray, your cable routing will always be neat and tidy with minimal effort.
The Corsair Obsidian Series 650D is expected to be available in April, 2011, from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $199.99 and is supplied with a 2-year warranty. Like all Corsair products, the Obsidian Series 650D is backed by Corsair's highly regarded customer service and technical support.
For more information on Corsair's range of high-performance cooling solutions, please visit http://www.corsair.com/cases.html.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems, computer cases, and headset and speakers systems.
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20