Corsair offers the ultimate performance components for Intel "SandyBridge" platforms
Corsair maximizes performance of Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor platforms with low-voltage Vengeance DDR3 memory, SATA 6Gbps SSDs and full range of LGA1155-compatible CPU coolers
LAS VEGAS, California - January 06, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced that it has developed a range of performance components that fully exploit the potential of the new Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor family, including the new LGA1155 Core i5 and Core i7 processors.
These components include the previously announced Corsair Vengeance DDR3 memory modules, which operate with a low VDIMM voltage of 1.5V, and include XMP-certified performance profiles for Core i5 and Core i7 processors. In addition, Corsair is also announcing the next-generation Performance 3 Series, a new range of solid-state drives, based on the Marvell 9174 controller and designed to take full advantage of the SATA 6Gbps (SATA Revision 3.0) support native to the new Intel chipsets.
"The new Intel 2nd Generation Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs offer enthusiasts great performance and overclocking flexibility, as well as a platform with new features such as SATA 6Gbp/s" said Thi La, VP and General Manager for Memory at Corsair. "As a key supplier of performance components to enthusiasts, Corsair is proud to announce a range of products designed to extract maximum performance from this exciting new platform, namely our full line of Vengeance memory modules and new Performance 3 SSDs."
Building on the growing success of its award-winning solid-state drive products, including the Force Series and Nova Series SSDs, the new Performance Series 3 offers significantly increased read and write performance, as well as full support for the TRIM command and background garbage collection. Paired with a motherboard that includes native SATA 6Gbps support, such as those based on the Intel P67 and H67 chipsets for Intel SandyBridge CPUs, Corsair Performance Series 3 SSDs are able to achieve maximum read speeds of up to 480 MB/sec and write speeds of up to 320 MB/sec ensuring a huge boost in system responsiveness, compared to conventional hard disk drives.
Corsair's award-winning range of CPU cooling products also offers compatibility with the new LGA1155 socket format used by the new Intel 2nd Generation Core Processors. These include the Air Series A50 and A70 heat-sink CPU coolers, and the Hydro Series H50 and H70, as well as the newly-announced H60 integrated liquid-cooling solutions.
Corsair Vengeance products are available now from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers in kits from 4GB to 16GB in capacity. Vengeance memory is supplied with a limited lifetime warranty and is backed up by Corsair's highly regarded customer service and technical support.
Performance 3 Series SSDs are expected to be available in late January 2011.
For more information, visit http://www.corsair.com.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems, computer cases and headset and speakers systems.
Latest News Posts
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Social media ad spending will hit $50 billion by 2019
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset