PriceGrabberÂ® enhances mobile shopping applications, allowing consumers to set price alerts and check local sources
Thirty-six percent of holiday shoppers are using mobile devices for shopping related activities
Los Angeles, Calif., Jan. 4, 2010 - PriceGrabberÂ®, a part of Experian, is making mobile shopping even easier for shoppers this season with the launch of PriceGrabber's free price alert and localization features available on its iPhoneÂ™ and iPadÂ™ applications.
PriceGrabber's new price alert and localization features for the iPhoneÂ™ and iPadÂ™ have simplified the once cumbersome processes of monitoring prices on products and checking local stores for mobile shoppers. According to a recent mobile shopping survey from PriceGrabber, over one third of consumers plan to use their mobile phone for shopping related activities this holiday season.
With PriceGrabber's mobile price alert feature, consumers can establish the dollar amount they want to spend on a particular product directly from their mobile device. When the product reaches the designated price, PriceGrabber uses a notification functionality to alert the consumer the moment the price change occurs, directly to the mobile device.
"At PriceGrabber, we are dedicated to providing consumers with a comprehensive shopping experience anytime, anywhere and are thrilled to introduce our price alert feature to the mobile marketplace," said Laura Conrad, president of PriceGrabber. "We are continually innovating to leverage mobile technology capabilities with consumer shopping needs and behaviors."
Additionally, PriceGrabber makes consumers aware of local offers. This feature is noted on the search results page and on the product page and indicates which local merchant is selling the selected product. It is an efficient method for shoppers to purchase items in the event timing is an issue and shipping isn't an option. The localization option also contains information including store hours, directions to the store and store inventory. This is a useful tool to assist shoppers in finding the best product at the right price this holiday season.
"The localization offer is very exciting for PriceGrabber," said Graham Jones, vice president of merchant accounts of PriceGrabber. "This attribute is an excellent opportunity for consumers to be aware of local inventories, as well as identify which merchant has the sought-after product in stock. This knowledge will save shoppers time and money."
Follow PriceGrabber on Twitter @PriceGrabber.
PriceGrabber.com, a part of Experian, is a leading online shopping site with more than 23 million unique shoppers monthly. At PriceGrabber.com, savvy shoppers can instantly find and compare millions of unique products and services across 25 categories with more than 11,000 merchants. Compare products side by side to find the right retailers at the best prices within popular categories, such as Digital Cameras, Electronics, Computers, Clothing, Books, TVs and more. PriceGrabber.com provides shoppers with the right product from the right merchant at the best price anytime, anywhere. Visit us at http://www.pricegrabber.com.
ExperianÂ® is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 90 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2010, was $3.9 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; Costa Mesa, California; and SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand