PriceGrabberÂ® enhances mobile shopping applications, allowing consumers to set price alerts and check local sources
Thirty-six percent of holiday shoppers are using mobile devices for shopping related activities
Los Angeles, Calif., Jan. 4, 2010 - PriceGrabberÂ®, a part of Experian, is making mobile shopping even easier for shoppers this season with the launch of PriceGrabber's free price alert and localization features available on its iPhoneÂ™ and iPadÂ™ applications.
PriceGrabber's new price alert and localization features for the iPhoneÂ™ and iPadÂ™ have simplified the once cumbersome processes of monitoring prices on products and checking local stores for mobile shoppers. According to a recent mobile shopping survey from PriceGrabber, over one third of consumers plan to use their mobile phone for shopping related activities this holiday season.
With PriceGrabber's mobile price alert feature, consumers can establish the dollar amount they want to spend on a particular product directly from their mobile device. When the product reaches the designated price, PriceGrabber uses a notification functionality to alert the consumer the moment the price change occurs, directly to the mobile device.
"At PriceGrabber, we are dedicated to providing consumers with a comprehensive shopping experience anytime, anywhere and are thrilled to introduce our price alert feature to the mobile marketplace," said Laura Conrad, president of PriceGrabber. "We are continually innovating to leverage mobile technology capabilities with consumer shopping needs and behaviors."
Additionally, PriceGrabber makes consumers aware of local offers. This feature is noted on the search results page and on the product page and indicates which local merchant is selling the selected product. It is an efficient method for shoppers to purchase items in the event timing is an issue and shipping isn't an option. The localization option also contains information including store hours, directions to the store and store inventory. This is a useful tool to assist shoppers in finding the best product at the right price this holiday season.
"The localization offer is very exciting for PriceGrabber," said Graham Jones, vice president of merchant accounts of PriceGrabber. "This attribute is an excellent opportunity for consumers to be aware of local inventories, as well as identify which merchant has the sought-after product in stock. This knowledge will save shoppers time and money."
Follow PriceGrabber on Twitter @PriceGrabber.
PriceGrabber.com, a part of Experian, is a leading online shopping site with more than 23 million unique shoppers monthly. At PriceGrabber.com, savvy shoppers can instantly find and compare millions of unique products and services across 25 categories with more than 11,000 merchants. Compare products side by side to find the right retailers at the best prices within popular categories, such as Digital Cameras, Electronics, Computers, Clothing, Books, TVs and more. PriceGrabber.com provides shoppers with the right product from the right merchant at the best price anytime, anywhere. Visit us at http://www.pricegrabber.com.
ExperianÂ® is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 90 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2010, was $3.9 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; Costa Mesa, California; and SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording