VIA Launches 'Global Mobility Bazaar' Program to Drive Mobile Computing Adoption
VIA teams up with Microsoft and over 15 leading Chinese PC manufacturing and infrastructure partners to deliver affordable, power efficient Windows XP based mini-notes and notebooks for global markets
Shenzhen, China, 28 October 2008 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms today announced the 'Global Mobility Bazaar' (GMB), an innovative industry infrastructure program aimed at driving the rapid global adoption of affordable mobile computing devices.
Through the GMB program, VIA is partnering with over 15 GMB manufacturers and infrastructure partners in China on the development of a wide variety of mini-notes, netbooks, and notebooks based around VIA's ultra low power processor platforms.
Equipped with the Microsoft Windows XP operating system, these systems will deliver an optimized mobile computing and Internet experience across a variety of form factors with screen sizes ranging from 7" to 15".
"As the fastest-growing segment of the PC market, mobile computing offers significant opportunities for the members of our new Global Mobility Bazaar program," said Richard Brown, Vice President of Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "We are excited to be partnering with them to develop a broad spectrum of devices that will meet the increasingly sophisticated demands of mobile users in both developed and emerging markets."
"We welcome VIA's initiative in developing a whole new ecosystem for driving ultra mobility further into global markets," commented Jack Lee, Vice President, OEM Greater China Region of Microsoft. "We see that the Global Mobility Bazaar will enable partners to provide a rich mobile computing experience built around the familiar Windows XP interface to a new generation of users around the world."
VIA Global Mobility Bazaar: Enabling Mobility in New and Emerging Markets
Launched at an event co-hosted Microsoft in Shenzhen, China today, the VIA Global Mobility Bazaar was established as part of VIA's long-term commitment to inspire innovation in mobile computing devices by sharing its leading-edge technology and expertise in power efficient x86 processor platforms.
More than 15 leading Chinese manufacturers are participating in the VIA Global Mobility Bazaar, as well as infrastructure partners SanDisk, American Megatrends (AMI), and ITE Tech.
A key focus of the VIA GMB program is to bring innovative mobile computing devices to fast-emerging markets around the world, as well as within China. These markets are among the fastest growing in the world and are developing a keen appetite for mobile computing.
Details on the VIA Global Mobility Bazaar may be found on the VIA website at: http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/ultra_mobile/Global-Mobility-Bazaar/
About VIA Ultra Mobile Platforms
VIA Ultra Mobile Platforms are centered on ultra power efficient mobile processors, such as the VIA Nano and VIA C7-M processors, which help ensure longer battery life with great media playback. Coupled with low power, full featured chipsets integrating advanced graphics processors, VIA Ultra Mobile Platforms provide support for brilliant 2D/3D graphics, while the VIA Chromotion video display engine offers a stunning video experience. A top choice for ultra mobile devices, VIA Ultra Mobile Platforms power over 30 global design wins on the market today.
For more details on the VIA Ultra Mobile Platforms, please visit the VIA website at: http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/ultra_mobile/
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand