VIA Launches VIA eH1, Embedded Industry's First Dedicated Graphics Card
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced the world's first graphics card designed specifically for the embedded market with the VIA eH1, a DX10.1 compliant, multi-display card that thrusts any system with a PCI Express slot into a new realm of graphics and video capability.
The VIA eH1 comes with a three year product longevity guarantee and is the most power-efficient discrete graphics and video solution on the market today. The VIA eH1 AIB features an advanced DirectX 10.1, OpenGL 3.1, OpenGL ES 2.0 compatible 64-bit architecture and offers multi-stream 1080p HD video decoding and Stereoscopic 3D rendering capability. This makes it the ideal solution for a range of embedded applications that require advanced graphics and video on multiple displays.
"The VIA eH1 hits a real sweet spot for the embedded industry as a whole," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "Offering technologies like DX10.1, OpenGL/CL, plus multi-channel HD video playback on an extremely low power AIB will excite system integrators who want to bring the latest features to existing platforms."
VIA eH1: Embedded Graphics and Video
The VIA eH1 is a low profile PCI Express add-in-board designed for next generation embedded applications in a range of segments including digital signage and advertising, POS, POI, gaming or any embedded application where sophisticated graphics and HD video is streamed on two displays.
The VIA eH1 features the S3 Chrome 5400E GPU, the industry's most power-efficient a 64-bit discrete graphics solution and is complimented with 512MB of DDR3 memory.
VIA eH1 Product Highlights
PCIe 2.0 Bus Interface
Low profile form factor
Dual-Link DVI and HDMI (with HDCP)
Fully programmable DirectX 10.1 Unified Shader Core
OpenGL 3.1 + OpenGL ES 2.0
GPGPU on OpenCL 1.0
H.264 and VC-1 support for Blu-Ray
Support for resolutions up to 2560x1600
Steroscopic 3D capable
Dual display support
The VIA eH1 can be used in conjunction with a number of VIA EPIA board products and can supplement any existing system that uses a x1, x4, x8 or x16 PCIe slot. Samples of the VIA eH1 are available now to project customers upon request.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity