AMD Extends Leadership in Notebook PC Graphics With Its Second-Generation of DirectX® 11-Capable Mobile Graphics Technology; Delivering the Ultimate in Efficiency and Performance
The AMD RadeonTM HD 6000M Series Is a Top-to-Bottom Family of Directx® 11-Capable Mobile Graphics Processors Designed to Deliver Exceptional Performance in Every Segment
LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - January 4, 2011) - International CES 2010 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced its next generation mobile graphics technology, the AMD Radeon HD 6000M series, delivering AMD's highest performing notebook graphics for those who want to experience games, entertainment, and productivity on the go. Harnessing AMD's second-generation of Microsoft DirectX® 11-capable mobile graphics architecture, the AMD Radeon HD 6000M series provides users with:
- Models offering up to 1.3 teraFLOPS of compute power for an unrivaled gaming experience on up to six displays using AMD Eyefinity technology.1
- AMD HD3D technology for the ultimate in stereo 3D entertainment.2
- AMD EyeSpeed technology for improved video and application performance.3
Notebooks featuring the new graphics technology are previewed at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in the Wired: Make a Scene booth, located in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"One year ago AMD claimed the title of undisputed technology leader in mobile graphics performance and since then we continue to pave the way for mobile computing innovation," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, GPU Division, AMD. "With the introduction of the AMD Radeon HD 6000M series, AMD's best just got better by cementing its leadership in notebook graphics. Through our feature-rich line of top-to-bottom next-generation notebook graphics, including AMD's fastest performing notebook graphics processor, we're enabling a superior visual computing experience in virtually every segment."
AMD Radeon HD 6000M series graphics represent powerful support for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with existing and upcoming 2011 AMD Mainstream notebook platforms planned to feature true "Eye-Definition" Gaming with DirectX 11 support and AMD Eyefinity technology, plus amazing AMD HD3D Technology -- all designed to accelerate mobile performance.
1. AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for spanning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort connectors, and/or DisplayPort compliant active adapters to convert your monitor's native input to your cards DisplayPort or Mini-DisplayPort connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon GPU with Windows Vista® or Windows® 7 operating systems -- the number of displays may vary by system design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. SLS (--Single Large Surface) functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
2. AMD HD3D is a technology designed to enable stereoscopic 3D support in games, movies and/or photos. Additional hardware (e.g. 3D enabled panels, 3D-enabled glasses/emitter, Blu-ray 3D drive) and/or software (e.g. Blu-ray 3D discs, 3D middleware, games) are required for the enablement of stereoscopic 3D. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies.
3. AMD EyeSpeed technology is a set of technologies available on AMD Radeon HD 6000M series and higher GPUs and is designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology and/or AMD's Universal Video Decoder (UVD). AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology works with applications designed to take advantage of its GPU acceleration capabilities.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APU). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Vivendi buys more Ubisoft shares, takeover rumors begin
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched