VIA Demos First VIA Nano Processor Board at ESC Boston 2008
VIA VB8001 pairs new VIA Nano processor with 16-lane PCI Express for true optimized computing
Boston, MA, USA, 27 October 2008 - VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator and developer of silicon chip technologies and embedded platform solutions, today announced it will be demonstrating the first VIA Nano processor-based Mini-ITX board this week at the Embedded Systems Conference, Boston, MA in booth 914.
The VIA VB8001 board is a full featured Mini-ITX board using the eagerly-awaited 1.6GHz VIA Nano processor, which boasts support for up to 4GB of DDR2 memory, Gigabit LAN and two Serial ATA ports, delivering exceptional 64-bit performance within a rigidly low thermal envelope, while a mini-PC slot can extend connectivity to wireless broadband.
The VIA CN896 digital media IGP chipset provides for a rich multimedia experience, with its integrated Chrome9 graphics accelerator for DirectX 9.0 3D graphics, and support for VIA Vinyl 5.1 Audio and popular add-in graphics cards through the 16-lane PCI Express slot, opening up a new realm of optimized and small form factor desktop PC designs.
"We are delighted to bring the first VIA Nano processor based product to our customers," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The VIA Nano processor offers the perfect balance of performance, features and power efficiency for truly optimized computing."
ESC attendees can also view the forthcoming Pico-ITXe form factor, a flexible design standard designed to take advantage of the I/O-centric Stackable Unified Module Interconnect Technology, a serial expansion approach to embedded system design that uses specially designed connectors and stacking technology. Also on show will be the latest system and board level products, including the forthcoming VIA Vipro, a thin and durable all-in-one touch panel system, as well as VIA's new segment specific NAS and NAB boards.
The VIA VB8001 is sampling now; for more information please visit: http://www.viatech.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=711
For more information about VIA's participation at ESC Boston 2008 please visit: http://www.via.com.tw/en/company/events/2008-esc-boston/index.jsp
About Embedded Systems Conference 2008
ESC Boston continues to draw more system architects and design engineers year after year. It's the fastest-growing embedded event in the world, with a 21% attendance increase in 2007 - over 3,600 attendees from 36 countries. This year, more than 150 exhibitors will showcase their innovative new products and services to thousands of OEM representatives, industry analysts, and media. For more information please visit: http://www.cmp-egevents.com/web/escb
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni