MSI launches R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition Graphics Card
Internationally renowned graphic card and mainboard manufacturer MSI today officially launches the R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition graphic card equipped with the latest AMD Radeon HD 6850 GPU. Apart from being the first Radeon HD 6850-based graphic card supporting triple over-voltage functions, the R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition is equipped with the 6+1 power system to improve power supply quality and stability. Also the critically acclaimed Cyclone thermal solution can reduce the GPU temperature by up to 14°C and lower noise by 4dB versus the reference design under full-speed operations. MSI also introduces the exclusively developed P/S Switch for users to adjust fan speed between the Performance Mode and Silent Mode. The former emphasizes an enhanced cooling power; while the latter stresses on quiet operations.
With the P/S Switch, power users can switch from one mode to another to meet their needs at different times. In terms of materials, the R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition is equipped with the latest Military Class II materials exclusively from MSI. In addition to the Hi-C tantalum caps and solid caps, these include the SFC high-performance choke to ensure the best power supply quality and stability. Overall, the R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition is one of the most powerful Radeon HD 6850-based graphic cards with the most functions and highest quality.
Triple Over-voltage and 6+1 phase power system
The R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition is the first Radeon HD6850-based graphic card supporting triple over-voltage function. With the MSI-exclusive OC software, Afterburner, users can easily adjust the voltage of the GPU, RAM and VDDCI. When compared with other graphic cards of the same level, the R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition has more OC potential. Additionally, the R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition is equipped with a more robust power system compared to other graphic cards of the same level. When compared with the reference design, the 6+1 power system can enhance OC stability and unleash the full potential of the graphic card.
MSI-exclusive Cyclone thermal solution
The R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition is equipped with the MSI-exclusive Cyclone thermal solution. With the nickel-plated pure copper heat-sink, the heat generated by the GPU is efficiently transported to the fins on both sides via the heatpipes. The 9 cm diameter temperature-controlled fan generates powerful airflow that disappates heat effectively off the GPU. When compared with the reference design, the Cyclone can effectively reduce the GPU temperature by 14°C and lower noise by 4dB! Maintaining a balance between cooling efficiency and quietness, the Cyclone brings power users a low-temperature and quiet work environment.
Performance/Silent Modes for picky power users
Considering the diversity of graphic card users, MSI has developed the exclusive P/S Switch function for users to adjust fan speed between the Performance Mode and Silent Mode. The former emphasizes an enhanced cooling power that can significantly reduce GPU temperature to keep the graphic card at the optimal working condition, while the latter stresses on quiet operations for users to keep noise minimal while playing games or watching a movie. As both modes deliver excellent cooling performance, even the pickiest power users can always keep the environment under control according to their needs.
Quality advancement: Military Class II materials
To pursue quality and stability excellence has always been the unchanged goal of MSI, and the Military Class standard has won heated support and trust from power users. Taking a step forward, MSI launches the Military Class II standard. This includes the Hi-C tantalum caps with lifespan 8 times longer than solid caps, the SFC high-performance choke which supplies 30% more power, and the all solid caps with a lifespan up to 10 years. With such components, the quality and stability of graphic cards are maximized.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines