Transcend Ships mSATA and Half-slim Solid State Drives for Small Form-factor Devices
Transcend Information, Inc. (Transcend), a global leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced the addition of low-profile mSATA and half-slim solid state drives (SSD) to its industrial product line. The new small footprint SSDs are designed especially for applications where a small form factor is desired, such as thin and light notebooks, netbooks, tablets, GPS, and mobile internet devices (MID).
No bigger than a business card, Transcend's two new SSD modules offer greater design flexibility and cost savings compared to most SSDs which typically use the larger 2.5" form factor. Despite their compact size, the mSATA and half-slim SSDs feature a high-bandwidth SATA 3Gb/s interface that helps to bring the performance advantages of SSDs to notebooks, mobile devices and other embedded storage applications.
Transcend's mSATA SSDs leverage the speed and reliability of the SATA interface, yet offer a smaller form factor than 2.5" SSDs-only one twelfth the volume and one seventh the weight. The mSATA SSDs measure 29.85 mm x 50.8 mm x 3.5 mm, and adhere to the JEDEC MO-300A standard for small form-factor SSDs.
Compared to mSATA SSDs, Transcend's another small footprint half-slim SSD modules are in bigger form factors, 54 mm x 39 mm x 4 mm, but still much smaller than 2.5" SSDs-only one eighth the volume. The half-slim SATA SSD modules use the same SATA connector used on 2.5" hard disk drives and SSDs, making them ideal for applications such as industrial control systems and notebooks which are designed to use the 2.5" storage form factor. The half-slim SATA SSDs are compliant with the MO-297 JEDEC standard.
Transcend's mSATA SSDs are offered in 32GB and 64GB capacities, while the half-slim SATA SSDs are available in capacities ranging from 4GB to 64GB.
Latest News Posts
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- GIGABYTE's new Z270X-Designare looks absolutely AMAZING
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse