Transcend Ships mSATA and Half-slim Solid State Drives for Small Form-factor Devices
Transcend Information, Inc. (Transcend), a global leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced the addition of low-profile mSATA and half-slim solid state drives (SSD) to its industrial product line. The new small footprint SSDs are designed especially for applications where a small form factor is desired, such as thin and light notebooks, netbooks, tablets, GPS, and mobile internet devices (MID).
No bigger than a business card, Transcend's two new SSD modules offer greater design flexibility and cost savings compared to most SSDs which typically use the larger 2.5" form factor. Despite their compact size, the mSATA and half-slim SSDs feature a high-bandwidth SATA 3Gb/s interface that helps to bring the performance advantages of SSDs to notebooks, mobile devices and other embedded storage applications.
Transcend's mSATA SSDs leverage the speed and reliability of the SATA interface, yet offer a smaller form factor than 2.5" SSDs-only one twelfth the volume and one seventh the weight. The mSATA SSDs measure 29.85 mm x 50.8 mm x 3.5 mm, and adhere to the JEDEC MO-300A standard for small form-factor SSDs.
Compared to mSATA SSDs, Transcend's another small footprint half-slim SSD modules are in bigger form factors, 54 mm x 39 mm x 4 mm, but still much smaller than 2.5" SSDs-only one eighth the volume. The half-slim SATA SSD modules use the same SATA connector used on 2.5" hard disk drives and SSDs, making them ideal for applications such as industrial control systems and notebooks which are designed to use the 2.5" storage form factor. The half-slim SATA SSDs are compliant with the MO-297 JEDEC standard.
Transcend's mSATA SSDs are offered in 32GB and 64GB capacities, while the half-slim SATA SSDs are available in capacities ranging from 4GB to 64GB.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX will be able to launch US national security payloads into orbit
- Phanteks adds Titanium Green to its Enthoo Pro line of cases
- Microsoft opens up Cortana for Google Android, Apple iOS devices
- Not looking forward to standardized testing? DDoS the school instead
- SOUL Electronics unveils Pulse, new wraparound earbuds
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015