Elpida Begins Sample Shipments of 30nm Process 4-Gigabyte DDR3 SO-DIMM
Elpida Memory, Inc., Japan's leading global supplier of Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), today announced it has begun sample shipments of its newly developed 30nm process 4-gigabyte DDR3 SO-DIMM. The new memory module was built using currently available advanced 30nm process DRAM manufacturing technology and is composed of sixteen 2-gigabit DDR3 SDRAMs. It achieves a high density of 4 gigabytes.
Compared with Elpida's 40nm DRAM module, the new product uses 20% less operating current and 30% less standby current consumed by PC systems, and as a DRAM module it achieves one of the lowest levels of current consumption in the industry. The new eco-friendly DRAM product provide an effective power-saving response to today's need for a longer battery life for notebook PCs, netbooks, tablet PCs and other handheld electronic devices.
Also, the new module offers a data transfer rate of up to 1866 Megabits per second (Mbps). It can support the high performance and high functionality of computer devices that have to manage steadily increasing data volumes.
As Elpida is making a shift from 40nm to 30nm manufacturing, limiting the change in the manufacturing process can help reduce the need for new investment and lower cost. The new module uses 30nm advanced process technology to not only improve performance but to also achieve a much higher level of cost competitiveness.
Elpida plans to begin mass manufacture of the 4-gigabyte DDR3 SO-DIMM in the first quarter of CY 2011.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives