Digital Storm's Next Gen xm15 Laptop Boasts Rich Multimedia Features While Extending Battery Life
New breed of affordable laptops offer intelligent energy consumption, ideal for a variety of multimedia applications & high performance gaming
Fremont, Calif. - (December 20, 2010) - Digital Storm, the predominant name in computer system integration and engineering, proudly announces the xm15, a powerful new lightweight laptop based on NVIDIA's Optimus Hybrid Technology.
The xm15 is a new laptop breed that delivers targeted extreme performance when required so that you'll enjoy longer operation without losing the ability to enjoy the visual intensity of HD movies, multimedia applications, surfing the web, and gaming.
The xm15 delivers sumptuous graphics for a variety of multimedia content thanks to NVIDIA's powerful GT 425M 1GB video card. By utilizing NVIDIA's Optimus Hybrid technology, the xm15 defers operation to a second separate integrated Intel graphics processor for less intensive applications. This process of switching between the two graphic processors happens automatically and seamlessly so that there is no interruption in operation.
By increasing and decreasing performance when needed, the xm15 is able to substantially extend battery life. With such a powerful video card under the hood, it's no surprise that the xm15 comes with up to a 1080p HD LED screen that produces the most luscious imagery possible.
The Digital Storm xm15 is truly a mobile benchmark crusher, it routinely scores above 7200 on 3DMark06, putting it in the upper echelons of laptop performance. It isn't tethered to stagnant bulk data thanks to built-in light speed eSATA and USB 3.0 transfer ports. In addition, the xm15 comes with built-in HDMI and VGA outputs, so it can be taken anywhere and displayed everywhere.
"The power demands of high performance laptops have always put a strain on battery life. With the development of NVIDIA's Optimus Hybrid Technology, we're finally able to design an affordable laptop that can handle graphic intensive applications," remarked Rajeev Kuruppu, Digital Storm's Director of Product Development. "Our xm15 is the ideal solution for customers who want to consume graphically rich multimedia content, game or just browse the internet...it's truly a hybrid in every definition of the word."
Digital Storm's xm15 laptop is available for purchase at http://www.DigitalStormOnline.com/gaminglaptops.asp with a base configuration starting at $999.
Digital Storm xm15 Technical Specifications
About Digital Storm
Founded in 2002, Digital Storm has rapidly emerged as the predominant name in system integration. With expertise in gaming and workstation PCs, Digital Storm's mission is to deliver its customers bleeding edge technology and performance, coupled with rock solid stability and support. As a validation of Digital Storm's success, the company has maintained an "A+" rating with the Better Business Bureau and its systems have received the industry's most prestigious awards. http://www.DigitalStormOnline.com
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20