Digital Storm's Next Gen xm15 Laptop Boasts Rich Multimedia Features While Extending Battery Life
New breed of affordable laptops offer intelligent energy consumption, ideal for a variety of multimedia applications & high performance gaming
Fremont, Calif. - (December 20, 2010) - Digital Storm, the predominant name in computer system integration and engineering, proudly announces the xm15, a powerful new lightweight laptop based on NVIDIA's Optimus Hybrid Technology.
The xm15 is a new laptop breed that delivers targeted extreme performance when required so that you'll enjoy longer operation without losing the ability to enjoy the visual intensity of HD movies, multimedia applications, surfing the web, and gaming.
The xm15 delivers sumptuous graphics for a variety of multimedia content thanks to NVIDIA's powerful GT 425M 1GB video card. By utilizing NVIDIA's Optimus Hybrid technology, the xm15 defers operation to a second separate integrated Intel graphics processor for less intensive applications. This process of switching between the two graphic processors happens automatically and seamlessly so that there is no interruption in operation.
By increasing and decreasing performance when needed, the xm15 is able to substantially extend battery life. With such a powerful video card under the hood, it's no surprise that the xm15 comes with up to a 1080p HD LED screen that produces the most luscious imagery possible.
The Digital Storm xm15 is truly a mobile benchmark crusher, it routinely scores above 7200 on 3DMark06, putting it in the upper echelons of laptop performance. It isn't tethered to stagnant bulk data thanks to built-in light speed eSATA and USB 3.0 transfer ports. In addition, the xm15 comes with built-in HDMI and VGA outputs, so it can be taken anywhere and displayed everywhere.
"The power demands of high performance laptops have always put a strain on battery life. With the development of NVIDIA's Optimus Hybrid Technology, we're finally able to design an affordable laptop that can handle graphic intensive applications," remarked Rajeev Kuruppu, Digital Storm's Director of Product Development. "Our xm15 is the ideal solution for customers who want to consume graphically rich multimedia content, game or just browse the internet...it's truly a hybrid in every definition of the word."
Digital Storm's xm15 laptop is available for purchase at http://www.DigitalStormOnline.com/gaminglaptops.asp with a base configuration starting at $999.
Digital Storm xm15 Technical Specifications
About Digital Storm
Founded in 2002, Digital Storm has rapidly emerged as the predominant name in system integration. With expertise in gaming and workstation PCs, Digital Storm's mission is to deliver its customers bleeding edge technology and performance, coupled with rock solid stability and support. As a validation of Digital Storm's success, the company has maintained an "A+" rating with the Better Business Bureau and its systems have received the industry's most prestigious awards. http://www.DigitalStormOnline.com
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform