NAVIGON navigation app is now available on Samsung GALAXY S smartphones in Australia
Sydney, December 20, 2010 - NAVIGON, one of the world's leading manufacturers of navigation solutions, today announced that its on-board navigation app, MobileNavigator, is now available for all Samsung GALAXY S mobile phones in Australia. The award-winning app transforms the smartphone into a premium turn-by-turn navigation device. Included are many of NAVIGON's hallmark navigation functions that are available free for all GALAXY S users. Additional premium features and services can easily be added via in app purchases. The NAVIGON navigation app will only work on GALAXY S running Android 2.2, however customers with an earlier version can download a free firmware update to 2.2 and receive the Navigon application. NAVIGON's navigation app is also preinstalled on all GALAXY TAB devices in Australia.
With a simple tap on the preinstalled client, users will be directed to the Android Market to download the latest app version [approx 9MB]. NAVTEQ maps for Australia and New Zealand are fully downloaded on the device, ensuring that no ongoing usage fees apply. The app relies on the devices' GPS receiver as well as the pre-loaded maps, providing full function navigation capabilities without the need of any mobile signal.
The app will provide a host of features including:
- 2D & 3D map view
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance
- Intelligent Address Search
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance
- NAVIGON MyRoutes: Recommends the best route every time and adapts to personal driving styles - mapped out for the day of the week and the time of day.
- NAVIGON Reality View Pro: Uses photo-realistic displays of exits and road junction numbers making it easier to follow signs.
- Pedestrian Navigation: Guides users for the last few metres of a journey after parking.
- Google Local Search: users have instant access to the most up to date point of interest (POI) search results.
- Further features include navigation to contacts, coordinate input, automatic day and night mode and much more.
Users will also be given the choice to upgrade with a series of packages. All packages are on sale till Dec 31st.
- The Safety & Relax Package ($12.95 till Dec 31): provides Lane Assistant Pro, Speed & Red Light Camera Warnings, School Zones and Speed Warner.
- The Traffic Live Package ($19.95 till Dec 31): delivers real-time traffic information and routes drivers around congested roads, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - traffic information provided by Suna Traffic.
- The Sound & Fun Package ($9.95 till Dec 31): adds text-to-speech, announcing street names in addition to directions, and International Voices with different dialects, to lighten up the journey.
Latest News Posts
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- MIT students build Jetson TK1 racecars for final assignment
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent