NAVIGON Brings iPad Integration and Active Lane Assistant to iPhone Navigation App
Including a Total of Five new Functions, MobileNavigator Update 1.7.0 also adds Active Lane Assistant, Enhanced Retina Display Support, Map Reporter and User Notifications
Sydney, Australia, December 17, 2010-NAVIGON AG, a leading provider of mobile phone on-board navigation, today announced the availability of the seventh update for its iPhone app MobileNavigator, the most feature-rich navigation solution on the iPhone platform. The update adds a total of five new features. MobileNavigator is now optimised to run natively on the iPad, making use of the larger display and the user interface of the device. The market first Active Lane Assistant shows drivers exactly which lane to choose in a moving on-screen animation. NAVIGON also further adopted the app's graphics to iPhone 4 Retina display. Further additions include a new Map Reporter function and the option for user notifications.
"NAVIGON's updated version provides our over one million app users with the latest navigation technology from NAVIGON's development labs," said Gerhard Mayr, vice-president worldwide mobile phones & new markets, NAVIGON. "By transforming MobileNavigator into a universal app, optimised for both the iPhone and the iPad, premium features and content offerings are available across platforms. Instead of having a separate app for the iPad, we decided to develop one app that runs natively across both devices without extra cost for our dedicated customers."
MobileNavigator 1.7.0 brings the following additions to the NAVIGON iPhone app:
- Universal iPad Integration: NAVIGON is the first major GPS brand to make its navigation app universal; it now runs natively on the iPhone and the iPad. Users with MobileNavigator installed on the iPhone can use the app on the iPad without extra charges. The app utilises the iPad's large display and user interface with a higher resolution, and new menus. MobileNavigator demonstrates Reality View Pro and the map view side-by-side, providing an accurate overview of the way ahead. Route planning is convenient on the iPad, showing a large scrollable, multi-touch map to select destinations in simple taps. In-map elements such as direction arrows, Lane and Speed Assistant symbols are designed in proportion to the iPad display size. The app allows an easy exchange of saved favourites between iPad and iPhone.
- Active Lane Assistant: The market first feature Active Lane Assistant assists drivers with getting and staying in the correct lane by showing a live lane animation. Displayed in the lower right corner of the map view, the animation reflects the current lane configuration and allows drivers to see ahead. An orange line indicates the way the driver should follow. The optional feature can be switched on or off.
- Map Reporter: The new Map Reporter feature enables users with the power to store changed road names, new speed limits, and one-way streets and submit them to improve the accuracy of future maps. The information is checked, verified and then integrated into later map updates.
- Retina Display Support: Retina display adaptation is further enhanced and now also shows the map, map fonts and POIs in high resolution.
- User Notifications and Newsletter: The update now also allows users to receive on-screen messages with important information about MobileNavigator within the app. In addition, users can also sign up for a newsletter and receive exclusive offers and first hand information by email.
MobileNavigator transforms the iPhone into an inclusive navigation device that saves the maps on the phone and relies on the GPS receiver, independent from a cell or wireless signal. It is the most feature rich on-board navigation application, featuring premium functions such as Traffic Live, Clever Parking, Reality View Pro, Panorama View 3D, NAVIGON MyRoutes, Live Weather, Connection to Facebook and Twitter, branded in-route POI's and much more. NAVIGON's iPhone app has been the top-grossing app several times in 29 different App Stores around the globe.
Pricing and Availability
NAVIGON's Australian app and selected In App Purchases are up to 30 percent off for the next 10 days. The promotional offerings are below next to the regular prices.
MobileNavigator Australia $89.99 (on sale for $59.99)
Traffic Live: $29.99
Panorama View 3D: $9.99
MobileNavigator 1.7.0 is compatible with iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G and iPad 3G. The app also runs on first generation iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad WLAN, but third party accessories for GPS reception are required for these devices. *iOS4 multitasking is supported by the iPhone 4 and 3GS only.
For more information, please visit: http://www.navigon.com
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds' new patch: Early Access beats AAA games
- Corsair's Commander Pro controls all case fans, lighting
- Google's 4K digital whiteboard available for $5000
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning