Are you ready for Opera 11?
Newest Opera browser features tab stacking, extensions, visual mouse gestures
Oslo, Norway - December 16, 2010
Opera Software debuted the newest version of its award-winning browser today. Opera 11 combines elegant design, smart updates to some of our most popular features and new ways to customize Opera to your preferences. Download it today for Windows, Mac and Linux computers from http://www.opera.com/.
Tab stacking is a better way to organize your open tabs. Simply drag one tab on top of another to create a stack. Here is a short video to introduce tab stacking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hqSGGk1YTI
Extensions help you personalize your browser and enhance what Opera can do. More than two million extensions have already been downloaded from https://addons.opera.com/. Try the top five most-downloaded extensions for yourself:
1.NoAds authored by Lex1. The top ad-blocking extension for Opera.
2.LastPass authored by lastpass. LastPass is a free password manager and form filler.
3.FastestTube - YouTube Video Downloader authored by fastesttube. Download any video from YouTube.
4.Image preview authored by whochan. Displays a pop-up preview of an image.
5.Translate authored by neilj. Automagically translates foreign-language webpages.
Visual mouse gestures
With the flick of your wrist, mouse gestures let you navigate back and forwards, open new pages, close tabs and so much more. In Opera 11, you now have a handy visual guide to the wonders of mouse gestures.
Safer address field
We changed the address bar, so you can make better sense of the security levels of the sites you visit. Opera 11 now displays a clear badge indicating the security level and allowing immediate, one-click access to security and trust information about the site.
What we say
"We have always worked hard to introduce new and bold ideas in web browsing," said Jon von Tetzchner, Co-founder, Opera. "But, sometimes we want to take an idea and improve upon it. Opera 11 adds a layer of polish to features people have known and loved for more than a decade, while introducing extensions. If you have never tried Opera before, Opera 11 will change everything you know about browsing."
The rule of 30
Opera 11 is 30 percent smaller than Opera 10.60, so it downloads even faster
Plug-ins can be set to load on-demand. This can improve performance of the browser up to 30 percent.
Reviewer's Guide: http://www.opera.com/press/reviews/
Opera features: http://www.opera.com/browser/features/
Opera 11 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jC1j9Is6o
Opera 11 media kit: http://www.opera.com/media/presskit/Opera11.zip
Developer documentation: http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-extensions-quick-documentation-overview/
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon R9 390X should feature not just 4GB of HBM, but 8GB of HBM
- Google exec amongst thousands killed in Nepal quake
- Nate Mitchell from Oculus will speak at Disrupt NY about all things VR
- Gears of War remaster in development for the Xbox One by Splash Damage
- Guillermo del Toro says that Silent Hills "is not gonna happen"
- Error when updating Intel Management Engine software for Ivy Bridge CPU install
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- GeIL Announces Super Luce DDR4 Enthusiast Memory Series
- X2 Introduces the ISOLATIC Chassis
- Acer Delivers 15.6-inch Budget-Friendly Chromebook
- Thermaltake Debuts Full Range of Radiators The Pacific RL and R Series Optimized for Maximum Heat Dispatching
- GALAX Launches Liquid-Cooled HOF GTX 970 and GTX 980 Graphics Cards