Are you ready for Opera 11?
Newest Opera browser features tab stacking, extensions, visual mouse gestures
Oslo, Norway - December 16, 2010
Opera Software debuted the newest version of its award-winning browser today. Opera 11 combines elegant design, smart updates to some of our most popular features and new ways to customize Opera to your preferences. Download it today for Windows, Mac and Linux computers from http://www.opera.com/.
Tab stacking is a better way to organize your open tabs. Simply drag one tab on top of another to create a stack. Here is a short video to introduce tab stacking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hqSGGk1YTI
Extensions help you personalize your browser and enhance what Opera can do. More than two million extensions have already been downloaded from https://addons.opera.com/. Try the top five most-downloaded extensions for yourself:
1.NoAds authored by Lex1. The top ad-blocking extension for Opera.
2.LastPass authored by lastpass. LastPass is a free password manager and form filler.
3.FastestTube - YouTube Video Downloader authored by fastesttube. Download any video from YouTube.
4.Image preview authored by whochan. Displays a pop-up preview of an image.
5.Translate authored by neilj. Automagically translates foreign-language webpages.
Visual mouse gestures
With the flick of your wrist, mouse gestures let you navigate back and forwards, open new pages, close tabs and so much more. In Opera 11, you now have a handy visual guide to the wonders of mouse gestures.
Safer address field
We changed the address bar, so you can make better sense of the security levels of the sites you visit. Opera 11 now displays a clear badge indicating the security level and allowing immediate, one-click access to security and trust information about the site.
What we say
"We have always worked hard to introduce new and bold ideas in web browsing," said Jon von Tetzchner, Co-founder, Opera. "But, sometimes we want to take an idea and improve upon it. Opera 11 adds a layer of polish to features people have known and loved for more than a decade, while introducing extensions. If you have never tried Opera before, Opera 11 will change everything you know about browsing."
The rule of 30
Opera 11 is 30 percent smaller than Opera 10.60, so it downloads even faster
Plug-ins can be set to load on-demand. This can improve performance of the browser up to 30 percent.
Reviewer's Guide: http://www.opera.com/press/reviews/
Opera features: http://www.opera.com/browser/features/
Opera 11 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jC1j9Is6o
Opera 11 media kit: http://www.opera.com/media/presskit/Opera11.zip
Developer documentation: http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/opera-extensions-quick-documentation-overview/
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA ordered to pay each GeForce GTX 970 $30 over VRAM controversy
- Facebook now has over 1.7 billion monthly active users
- Pokemon NO! Parents start naming babies after Pokemon GO characters
- Disney developing 'Rocketeer' sequel
- Free multiplayer modes coming to Doom tomorrrow, Deathmatch later on
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio