HighPoint Launches Industry's 1st PCI-E 2.0 x16 SATA Port Multiplier HBA Supporting Up to 64 Storage Drives Per Board
Milpitas CA - Dec 2010 - HighPoint Technologies announces an exciting update to the RocketRAID 2700 SATA Host Adapter Series with support for Port Multiplier (PM) storage enclosures. This is the industry's first PCI-E 2.0 x16 SATA Host Adapter to support PM enclosures. The RocketRAID 2700 SATA PM Series is designed for customers who place a premium on storage expansion and performance but demand affordability.
SAS Expander Alternative - Simple Connectivity, Cost Advantage and Comparable Performance Digital media such as photos, music and HD video along with storage intensive program have driven many consumers and enthusiasts need to upgrade their storage capacities. Enterprise and SMBs typically use SAS expander solutions since it offer them the ability to scale their storage capacities while maintaining performance. An alternative solution to SAS expanders are with SATA PM (Port Multipliers). SATA PM can also scale storage capacities but at a huge cost advantage. SATA PM also offers simplified connectivity with performance that is comparable to SAS expanders.
The RocketRAID 2700 SATA PM series can scale storage capacities up to a maximum of 64 storage devices and 192TB. Performance will be comparable to SAS expander solution while the TOC (Total Cost of Ownership) will be 67% less than SAS expander solution.
RocketRAID 2700 Series Introduction
The RocketRAID 2700 PM Series are available with 4, 8 and 16 ports. The RocketRAID 2744 (16 port) utilizes the fastest bus technology at PCI-E Gen 2.0 x16 to deliver up to 8GB/s of performance bandwidth. The RocketRAID 2722 (8 port) and RocketRAID 2721 (4 port) are PCI-e Gen 2.0 x8. Support for RAID delivers enhanced storage performance and increases data protection from single drive failures.
Users can also expand their storage investments seamlessly by utilizing OCE (Online Capacity Expansion). Storage can be added and introduced into the system through the HighPoint RAID management utility without the requirement to take down the storage or reconfigure the storage. Disk arrays can be upgraded without impacting existing applications by using the benefits of OCE technique. This will dramatically improve the uptime and availability of applications running storage.
HighPoint Technologies, Inc. is a professional, host-based, RAID controller manufacturer. For more than 15 years, we've dedicated ourselves towards the manufacturing and deployment of quality, robust, cutting edge RAID host adapters based on the latest storage interfaces delivering our field-proven products to corporations, system builders, and individual consumers worldwide.
HighPoint Technologies is unique amongst host controller manufacturers: Our comprehensive range of RAID and non-RAID products are designed to support the latest SAS and SATA target devices.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel