Synology® Presents the High-Performance DS211+ NAS Server with Brand New Cool and Quiet Hardware Design for SMBs
Taipei, Taiwan-Dec 14, 2010-Synology® Inc. today launched DiskStation DS211+, a high-performance, secure, and full-featured 2-bay NAS server for SMB users to share files, centralize backup, and protect critical data quickly and efficiently. The DS211+ comes with the brand new hardware design to provide more reliable solutions and quieter working environment.
The DS211+ incorporates major hardware upgrades from its predecessor. Its hot-swappable hard drive design minimizes the financial lost due to system downtime and increases reliability. The 92mm low-rotation fan and efficient airflow design provide sufficient airflow to keep the system running cooler than its predecessor, while ensure a low noise level at the same time. The special material of snap-on front cover absorbs HDD vibration, which further ensures quiet operation. The DS211+ was measured at only 19.4 dB(A) in operation, much lower than office background noise that is about 40 dB(A). The SD card and USB slots offers a plug-n-save quick solution to store data with just one touch on the button in the front panel.
"The brand new hardware design of DS211+ realizes our promise of providing satisfying solutions. We designed DS211+ to be hot-swappable for higher reliability, and also cool and quiet to ensure the best user experience," commented Chad Cheng, product manager of Synology Inc.
For fulfilling the demanding requirements of SMBs, the DS211+ delivers an average of 108MB/sec reading and 55MB/sec writing speeds under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows® environment. Its performance is further ensured by the 256-bit AES hardware encryption engine, which prevents unauthorized access attempts to hard drives, while at the same time boasts read speed to be 200% faster than the pure software engine.
The DS211+ offers rich features and applications with the renowned DiskStation Manager 3.0 operating system, which can replace several network hardware equipments in offices. Its comprehensive network protocol support assures seamless cross-platform data sharing and backup. Users can back up data to rsync servers, external hard drives via USB or eSATA connection, or cloud via Amazon® S3. Moreover, they can use Synology Time Backup to back up different versions of files, and flip through to find the most recent changes quickly. The Web Station provides virtual hosting feature via LAMP (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP) server, allowing hosting up to 30 websites. With simple setup steps, the DS211+ can also acts as mail server, printer server, FTP server, and centralized interface to monitor the office environments. Internet information security is a critical issue for SMBs. Other than the hardware encryption engine, the DS211+ provides encrypted file sharing, HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support to increase the security level. Furthermore, users can efficiently control and set privileges with Windows® ACL support.
The Synology DS211+ is powered by 1.6GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, one Gigabit LAN port, three USB ports, one eSATA port, and one SD card slot. Compliant to the energy-saving trend, the DS211+ consumes relatively low power of 24 watts in operation and supports multiple scheduled power on/off and hard drive hibernation.
The Synology DS211+ is now shipping globally.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's 3D Touch is coming to Android phones
- Report: Apple to launch 4K 21.5-inch iMac next week
- HP releasing Star Wars Special Edition notebook
- GeForce drivers, SLI profile prepare you for Battlefront beta
- Google wants to improve mobile web performance
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio