USB 3.0 internal connector debuts in SilverStone's latest HTPC case
December 8, 2010 [Taipei, Taiwan] SilverStone Technology, one of the premier companies in computer chassis design, announces the immediate availability of its latest HTPC (home theater personal computer) chassis in the Milo ML03. The product also introduces the first application of USB 3.0 internal connector in a retail computer chassis.
The slim Milo ML03 is an affordable and versatile chassis with a profile of 105mm height and 340mm depth for easy integration into any living room furniture. It can accommodate up to three 3.5" hard drives or five 2.5" HDD/SSD on its smartly designed drive cages that mounts either size without use of adapters. For cooling, the ML03 has slots for up to four 80mm fans for users to build a quiet system with low power components or a powerful HTPC with 140W CPU. There are also small touches to improve integration including pre-cut hole for VGA (D-SUB) connector, Kensington lock support, and an additional full size expansion slot for installing extra motherboard I/O, fan controller, or other accessories.
The dual USB 3.0 front ports integrated into the ML03 is designed for 5 Gbit/s super speed transfer rate and is a standard set to replace but also stay backwards-compatible with the current USB 2.0 implementation rated at only 480 Mbit/s (approx. 0.47 Gbit/s). The Milo ML03 will be the first retail computer chassis to feature a pair of USB 3.0 front ports driven by an internal motherboard connector. Up to now, retail computer chassis with USB 3.0 front ports relied on routing cables out to the rear of the chassis for connection. The internal connector offered in the ML03 will eliminate unnecessary cable clutter and will be supported by all future motherboards with USB 3.0 internal front port connector.
For more information please visit SilverStone's official website: http://www.silverstonetek.com
About SilverStone Technology
Founded in 2003, SilverStone Technology is a multi-faceted manufacturer of enclosures, power supplies, and thermal solution products. Its designs are often cited by industry insiders and press as class-leading and revolutionary. With distribution channels that span the entire globe, SilverStone products have garnered numerous awards worldwide including being named the "Best Chassis Manufacturer" in 2008 by UK's Custom PC Magazine, and selected by International Forum Design as one of its winners for its 2010 iF Product design award.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design