USB 3.0 internal connector debuts in SilverStone's latest HTPC case
December 8, 2010 [Taipei, Taiwan] SilverStone Technology, one of the premier companies in computer chassis design, announces the immediate availability of its latest HTPC (home theater personal computer) chassis in the Milo ML03. The product also introduces the first application of USB 3.0 internal connector in a retail computer chassis.
The slim Milo ML03 is an affordable and versatile chassis with a profile of 105mm height and 340mm depth for easy integration into any living room furniture. It can accommodate up to three 3.5" hard drives or five 2.5" HDD/SSD on its smartly designed drive cages that mounts either size without use of adapters. For cooling, the ML03 has slots for up to four 80mm fans for users to build a quiet system with low power components or a powerful HTPC with 140W CPU. There are also small touches to improve integration including pre-cut hole for VGA (D-SUB) connector, Kensington lock support, and an additional full size expansion slot for installing extra motherboard I/O, fan controller, or other accessories.
The dual USB 3.0 front ports integrated into the ML03 is designed for 5 Gbit/s super speed transfer rate and is a standard set to replace but also stay backwards-compatible with the current USB 2.0 implementation rated at only 480 Mbit/s (approx. 0.47 Gbit/s). The Milo ML03 will be the first retail computer chassis to feature a pair of USB 3.0 front ports driven by an internal motherboard connector. Up to now, retail computer chassis with USB 3.0 front ports relied on routing cables out to the rear of the chassis for connection. The internal connector offered in the ML03 will eliminate unnecessary cable clutter and will be supported by all future motherboards with USB 3.0 internal front port connector.
For more information please visit SilverStone's official website: http://www.silverstonetek.com
About SilverStone Technology
Founded in 2003, SilverStone Technology is a multi-faceted manufacturer of enclosures, power supplies, and thermal solution products. Its designs are often cited by industry insiders and press as class-leading and revolutionary. With distribution channels that span the entire globe, SilverStone products have garnered numerous awards worldwide including being named the "Best Chassis Manufacturer" in 2008 by UK's Custom PC Magazine, and selected by International Forum Design as one of its winners for its 2010 iF Product design award.
Latest News Posts
- AMD acquires HiAlgo which works on dynamic resoution scaling, and more
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card