ASUS Unveils the Most Powerful DirectX 10 Motherboard with Diverse Array of Graphics Enhancing Technologies
ASUS P5N7A-VM Motherboard Delivers Exceptional Graphics Performance with Hybrid SLI, CUDA and PhysX Support
Taipei, Taiwan, October 23, 2008 - ASUS is proud to announce an exclusive partnership with NVIDIA in the creation of the most powerful DirectX (DX) 10 motherboard-the ASUS P5N7A-VM motherboard. A showcase of intelligent and innovative motherboard design, the P5N7A-VM features an LGA775 socket for Intel® Core2 Extreme / Core2 Quad / Core2 Duo processors and supports the GeForce 9300 / nForce 730i chipset and memory expansion of up to a maximum of 16 GB with four DDR2 800/667 dual channel memory slots. With support for Hybrid SLI, CUDA and PhysX graphics acceleration, the P5N7A-VM promises to be the most powerful DX10 motherboard in the consumer market today.
The Most Powerful DX10 Solution
The P5N7A-VM boasts a wide range of VGA connection options such as HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, and RGB, which means that it is ready for future digital upgrades.Coupled with NVIDIA's Hybrid SLI technology, users can utilize entry-level VGA card and still obtain a great increase in graphics performance of up to 70%+*.
CUDA or Computer Unified Device Architecture uses parallel processing of both the processor cores in the GPU and CPU to perform general-purpose mathematical calculations. This results in a faster data transfer path between the GPU and CPU, and also a significant increase in the performance of tasks traditionally handled by the CPU alone.
The PhysX processor is a dedicated physics processor that delivers unprecedented immersion and onscreen action that is impossible to reproduce on just CPUs and GPUs alone. By incorporating the PhysX technology, gamers will be taken to a completely new level of gaming interaction with enhanced realism for explosions, flying debris, liquid flows, water splashes and wind-affected movements. With more than 150 games that can now feature complex characters, objects and environments that will fully interact with the user in real-world ways and in real-time, users will experience believable and engaging gameplay that changes every time they play the game.
Latching onto the latest trend, the P5N7A-VM's DisplayPort interface delivers higher performance and improves digital display connectivity. Even more cutting-edge DisplayPort enhancements are already underway to facilitate digital applications. With the P5N7A-VM, users can be one step closer to the forefront of the digital entertainment world.
ASUS-exclusive Features for Convenience, Energy Efficiency and Longer Durability
The P5N7A-VM incorporates the ASUS Express Gate, which only takes 5 seconds** to go online from bootup without entering Windows, providing users with a suite of excellent entertainment options without the typical long wait. It also utilizes the ASUS' exclusive EPU technology to control four major components: the CPU, VGA card, hard disk drives, and the CPU cooler/system fan, to calibrate the best possible settings to ensure the best system-wide power management. The P5N7A-VM is also equipped with a 5000-hr VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) design based on 100% high quality Conductive Polymer Solid Capacitors that are 2.5 times more durable than conventional capacitors. With such high quality components, users will be able to attain higher power efficiency, better stability, quieter operation and lower temperatures to ensure stability and reliability under heavy loading and overclocking.
* With 8400GS or 8500GT GPU
** Actual boot time is subject to hardware configurations and product models
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives