Greece, Turkey and France to join the competition for Europe
Leading mainboard manufacturer, MSI, is organizing the first-ever Master Overclocking Arena 2008 in Taipei, Taiwan to be held November 8-11, 2008. The event is powered by Intel, NVIDIA, OCZ Technology, Western Digital, Enermax and Geinus. MSI, best known for its Intel-based mainboards, graphics cards and notebooks, takes the lead in letting renown overclockers from countries around the world test its latest MSI P45 platform. Representing 30 countries, including Australia, China, Europe, Korea, South Africa, South East Asia, and Taiwan, the participants are made up of the winning warriors from four fierce competitions. Only these elite individuals have earned themselves a ticket to the Master Overclocking Arena 2008.
Between August 23 and 24, the first MSI European Overclocking Challenge was held in Amsterdam, Netherlands. After months of preparation and qualifying rounds, the best overclockers from 20 different countries in Europe were able to show their skills and compete with their fellow enthusiasts. All contestants received an MSI P45D3 Platinum mainboard with the DrMOS overclocking utility. On Sunday the 24th of August, the champions were announced by MSI: Hipro5 and Gprhellas from Greece! The runners-up were Hey and Tosuner mc from Turkey and the third place was won by Florian and Marmott from France.
The jury was impressed by the performance of the winners Hipro5 and Gprhellas: "They had the best scores on all benchmarks - 164% higher performance than a non-overclocked system - they are hands-down the European Champions." At the start of the event, Greece was already tipped to be one of the favorites for the title. Hipro5 was very happy winning the Overclocking Challenge and exclaimed "Overclocking till death, Overclocking is Life!"
MSI has great honors to welcome the TOP 3 winners from Europe to join MOA 2008 in Taiwan and wish them the best performance.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4