Greece, Turkey and France to join the competition for Europe
Leading mainboard manufacturer, MSI, is organizing the first-ever Master Overclocking Arena 2008 in Taipei, Taiwan to be held November 8-11, 2008. The event is powered by Intel, NVIDIA, OCZ Technology, Western Digital, Enermax and Geinus. MSI, best known for its Intel-based mainboards, graphics cards and notebooks, takes the lead in letting renown overclockers from countries around the world test its latest MSI P45 platform. Representing 30 countries, including Australia, China, Europe, Korea, South Africa, South East Asia, and Taiwan, the participants are made up of the winning warriors from four fierce competitions. Only these elite individuals have earned themselves a ticket to the Master Overclocking Arena 2008.
Between August 23 and 24, the first MSI European Overclocking Challenge was held in Amsterdam, Netherlands. After months of preparation and qualifying rounds, the best overclockers from 20 different countries in Europe were able to show their skills and compete with their fellow enthusiasts. All contestants received an MSI P45D3 Platinum mainboard with the DrMOS overclocking utility. On Sunday the 24th of August, the champions were announced by MSI: Hipro5 and Gprhellas from Greece! The runners-up were Hey and Tosuner mc from Turkey and the third place was won by Florian and Marmott from France.
The jury was impressed by the performance of the winners Hipro5 and Gprhellas: "They had the best scores on all benchmarks - 164% higher performance than a non-overclocked system - they are hands-down the European Champions." At the start of the event, Greece was already tipped to be one of the favorites for the title. Hipro5 was very happy winning the Overclocking Challenge and exclaimed "Overclocking till death, Overclocking is Life!"
MSI has great honors to welcome the TOP 3 winners from Europe to join MOA 2008 in Taiwan and wish them the best performance.
Latest News Posts
- LG begins promoting 8K, with its massive 7680x4320 resolution
- Facebook's new 'Scrapbooks' feature, organizes photos of your kids
- Huawei secures 33% increase in profits for 2014
- Court grants RadioShack, Sprint co-branding of retail stores
- Sony unveils limited edition Batman: Arkham Knight PS4 console
- E2200 Killer Ethernet driver for Linux with Wakeup-On-Lan WOL
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Review - Add Storage to your iOS Device
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi