Greece, Turkey and France to join the competition for Europe
Leading mainboard manufacturer, MSI, is organizing the first-ever Master Overclocking Arena 2008 in Taipei, Taiwan to be held November 8-11, 2008. The event is powered by Intel, NVIDIA, OCZ Technology, Western Digital, Enermax and Geinus. MSI, best known for its Intel-based mainboards, graphics cards and notebooks, takes the lead in letting renown overclockers from countries around the world test its latest MSI P45 platform. Representing 30 countries, including Australia, China, Europe, Korea, South Africa, South East Asia, and Taiwan, the participants are made up of the winning warriors from four fierce competitions. Only these elite individuals have earned themselves a ticket to the Master Overclocking Arena 2008.
Between August 23 and 24, the first MSI European Overclocking Challenge was held in Amsterdam, Netherlands. After months of preparation and qualifying rounds, the best overclockers from 20 different countries in Europe were able to show their skills and compete with their fellow enthusiasts. All contestants received an MSI P45D3 Platinum mainboard with the DrMOS overclocking utility. On Sunday the 24th of August, the champions were announced by MSI: Hipro5 and Gprhellas from Greece! The runners-up were Hey and Tosuner mc from Turkey and the third place was won by Florian and Marmott from France.
The jury was impressed by the performance of the winners Hipro5 and Gprhellas: "They had the best scores on all benchmarks - 164% higher performance than a non-overclocked system - they are hands-down the European Champions." At the start of the event, Greece was already tipped to be one of the favorites for the title. Hipro5 was very happy winning the Overclocking Challenge and exclaimed "Overclocking till death, Overclocking is Life!"
MSI has great honors to welcome the TOP 3 winners from Europe to join MOA 2008 in Taiwan and wish them the best performance.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA rumored to unveil Volta-based GeForce tomorrow
- X299 AORUS Gaming 9 teased, ready for 12C/24T CPUs
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017