HDMI® LICENSING, LLC AND THE CESI TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, LTD. SIGN AGREEMENT TO EXPAND HDMI STANDARD ACTIVITIES IN CHINA
SUNNYVALE, Calif. December 1, 2010 - HDMI Licensing, LLC, the agent responsible for licensing the High-Definition Multimedia Interface® (HDMI®) Specification, today announced the signing of an agreement with the CESI (Chinese Electronics Standardization Institute) Technology Company, Ltd.(CESI Tech) to support and market HDMI technology in China. As part of the agreement, CESI Tech will promote the HDMI standard to Chinese consumer electronics (CE) and IT manufacturers, content providers and professional media. CESI Tech and HDMI Licensing, LLC will also engage in joint activities including in-depth technical and marketing training programs to educate Adopters on issues related to product and marketing compliance with the HDMI standard.
"Our collaboration with HDMI Licensing, LLC enables us to support the world's leading digital interface standard amongst China CE manufacturers and underscores our commitment to accelerate the adoption of technology standards in the spirit of international exchange and cooperation," said Zhao Xinhua, president of CESI Tech.
CESI Tech is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Chinese Electronics Standardization Institute, whose main responsibilities are consumer electronics product testing and industry standard development. CESI was founded in 1963 as a professional institute for standardization work in the field of electronics and information technology under the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), China. CESI Tech plays a significant role in the promotion of innovative industry standards through its accredited laboratories and test centers.
"China represents one of the world's most important markets for manufacturing consumer electronics and with 30% of our Adopter base located in China and growing steadily, this is a market we pay close attention to," said Steve Venuti, president of HDMI Licensing, LLC. "We are extremely pleased to partner with CESI Tech, a world-renowned agency for research, technology development and advanced testing facilities, to support our Adopters and help accelerate the implementation of the HDMI standard."
CESI Tech services include product certification, quality system certification, experiments and tests, measurement and calibration as well as training for the public. For more information about CESI Tech, visit http://www.adtc.org.cn.
About HDMI Licensing, LLC
HDMI Licensing, LLC is the agent responsible for licensing the HDMI specification, promoting the HDMI standard and providing education on the benefits of the HDMI specification to Adopters, retailers and consumers. The HDMI specification was developed by Hitachi, Ltd.; Panasonic Corporation; Philips Consumer Electronics International, B.V.; Silicon Image, Inc.; Sony Corporation; Technicolor S.A. and Toshiba Corporation as the all-digital interface standard for the consumer electronics and personal computer markets. The HDMI specification combines uncompressed high-definition video, multi-channel audio, and data in a single digital interface to provide crystal-clear digital quality over a single cable. HDMI Licensing, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Silicon Image, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIMG). For more information about the HDMI specification, please visit http://www.hdmi.org.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio