HDMIÂ® LICENSING, LLC AND THE CESI TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, LTD. SIGN AGREEMENT TO EXPAND HDMI STANDARD ACTIVITIES IN CHINA
SUNNYVALE, Calif. December 1, 2010 - HDMI Licensing, LLC, the agent responsible for licensing the High-Definition Multimedia InterfaceÂ® (HDMIÂ®) Specification, today announced the signing of an agreement with the CESI (Chinese Electronics Standardization Institute) Technology Company, Ltd.(CESI Tech) to support and market HDMI technology in China. As part of the agreement, CESI Tech will promote the HDMI standard to Chinese consumer electronics (CE) and IT manufacturers, content providers and professional media. CESI Tech and HDMI Licensing, LLC will also engage in joint activities including in-depth technical and marketing training programs to educate Adopters on issues related to product and marketing compliance with the HDMI standard.
"Our collaboration with HDMI Licensing, LLC enables us to support the world's leading digital interface standard amongst China CE manufacturers and underscores our commitment to accelerate the adoption of technology standards in the spirit of international exchange and cooperation," said Zhao Xinhua, president of CESI Tech.
CESI Tech is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Chinese Electronics Standardization Institute, whose main responsibilities are consumer electronics product testing and industry standard development. CESI was founded in 1963 as a professional institute for standardization work in the field of electronics and information technology under the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), China. CESI Tech plays a significant role in the promotion of innovative industry standards through its accredited laboratories and test centers.
"China represents one of the world's most important markets for manufacturing consumer electronics and with 30% of our Adopter base located in China and growing steadily, this is a market we pay close attention to," said Steve Venuti, president of HDMI Licensing, LLC. "We are extremely pleased to partner with CESI Tech, a world-renowned agency for research, technology development and advanced testing facilities, to support our Adopters and help accelerate the implementation of the HDMI standard."
CESI Tech services include product certification, quality system certification, experiments and tests, measurement and calibration as well as training for the public. For more information about CESI Tech, visit http://www.adtc.org.cn.
About HDMI Licensing, LLC
HDMI Licensing, LLC is the agent responsible for licensing the HDMI specification, promoting the HDMI standard and providing education on the benefits of the HDMI specification to Adopters, retailers and consumers. The HDMI specification was developed by Hitachi, Ltd.; Panasonic Corporation; Philips Consumer Electronics International, B.V.; Silicon Image, Inc.; Sony Corporation; Technicolor S.A. and Toshiba Corporation as the all-digital interface standard for the consumer electronics and personal computer markets. The HDMI specification combines uncompressed high-definition video, multi-channel audio, and data in a single digital interface to provide crystal-clear digital quality over a single cable. HDMI Licensing, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Silicon Image, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIMG). For more information about the HDMI specification, please visit http://www.hdmi.org.
Latest News Posts
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360Â° video from a rocket
- Intel hits record $14.8 billion second quarter earnings
- Battlegrounds on Xbox One X: 30-40FPS with 100 in server
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers