The all-new MSI R6870 Twin Frozr II blends cutting-edge thermal solution and next-generation AMD GPU for ultimate performance
(Taipei-Taiwan) Internationally renowned graphics card and mainboard manufacturer MSI announces today the R6870 Twin Frozr II graphics card. It is equipped with the latest 40nm AMD Radeon HD6870 GPU, IGB GDDR5 high-speed graphics memory, and the award-winning Twin Frozr II thermal solution. As a result, the operating temperature and noise of the R6870 Twin Frozr II are reduced by 19?C and 12.8dB respectively (versus the reference design). Also, the overvoltage function from the MSI-exclusive Afterburner software further enhances the OC potential of the Barts GPU, and AMD's Eyefinity Technology provides optimal multi-display 2D/3D output for gaming, productivity and entertainment. Along with the super reliable Solid CAPs which prolong product life and enhance product stability and quality, the R6870 Twin Frozr II is the best choice ever for power users looking for graphics cards with ultimate performance and low operating temperature.
Exclusive Twin Frozr II thermal solution maintains perfect balance between cooling and noise control
The Twin Frozr II found on the R6870 Twin Frozr II consists of a large-area copper base heat-sink with high density radiation fins, dual 8cm temperature-controlled PWM fans, and five heat-pipes to increase airflow and enhance heat conductivity for the GPU and neighboring components. In addition to the superb cooling effect, it is quiet! Under full load, the Twin Frozr II cooler reduces temperature and noise by 19?C and 12.8dB respectively versus the reference design. By design, the R6870 Twin Frozr II is the industry-first graphics card that achieves a perfect balance between thermal solution and noise reduction.
Support for Afterburner overvoltage function to unleash display performance
In terms of software support, the R6870 Twin Frozr II supports the MSI-exclusive Afterburner OC software designed for instantaneous GPU and memory clock adjustments and advanced fan speed control. Users can even save up to 5 OC profiles of their own for gaming, productivity and entertainment. With the Afterburner, users can further adjust the GPU voltage to break through the limit of GPU and thereby unleash the power and performance of graphics cards. The Afterburner can also monitor the GPU temperature and fan speed for power users to totally control their graphics cards.
AMD Eyefinity and 3D Video
The R6870 Twin Frozr II is equipped with the AMD-exclusive Eyefinity Technology for multi-display, supporting up to four screens*. DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4a (which support 3D video and 7.1-channel lossless TrueHD and DTS-HD audio formats) help provide consumers with the most exciting audio/visual fun.
All Solid Caps maximize lifespan
Insisting on providing consumers with the best quality, the R6870 Twin Frozr II is made with all Solid CAPs. Apart from the extra long lifespan, they can maintain high stability even in high workload for consumers to experience the best performance and ultimate quality in MSI graphics performance.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- RAM Speed in H61 boards.
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines