ASUS, Intel Launch Expanded WePC Community
- ASUS and Intel launched a new and expanded online community, WePC.com.
- The "technology playground" enables customers to connect and collaborate with others and help drive current and future product innovations.
- WePC.com is tailored to specific consumer interests and offers special opportunities for "super fans" to engage directly with ASUS and Intel.
SANTA CLARA, Calif. and TAIPEI, Taiwan, Nov. 18, 2010 - A new and expanded WePC community launched today and is open to anyone with a passion for technology, especially ASUS products with Intel Inside®. Building on its mission to bridge innovation and technology with consumers' needs, the new WePC.com has more ways for fans to present their ideas, interact with community members and drive product development for two of the world's leading technology brands.
As one of the first crowdsourcing communities, WePC.com empowered members to play an integral role in the PC design process of a number of cutting-edge technologies, such as intuitive touchscreen interfaces and kid-friendly netbooks. Last year at CeBIT, ASUS initiated the industry's first dual-panel concept notebooks, making intuitive control possible. The community also supported the direction for the development of future pad devices.
* Screenshot from WePC.com, a new and expanded community now open to anyone with a passion for technology, especially ASUS products with Intel inside.
"We've experienced firsthand the power of our customers' creativity in helping us build ground-breaking products that address their unique needs," said Christine Yang, WePC community manager. "Our expanded community platform creates a 'technology playground' that gives consumers the chance to spark conversations and ideas for a wider range of technology offerings. Here, they can connect with us and each other in an engaging way."
The community features sections that are tailored to members' diverse interests, such as those who value impeccable sound quality in high-fidelity home entertainment computers. Another section is geared toward serious multitaskers and "early adopters" interested in the evolving technology for pad devices. A third area is designed for parents who want to share information about how technology works in both their kids' lives and family life.
"We truly believe that having an active dialogue with our customers will help us deliver the highest quality products in partnership with ASUS," said Katie Wallace, campaign manager, Intel Partner Marketing Group. "What matters to our biggest fans is important to us, so we've enhanced the community to give them more of what they want-a cool place where they can share ideas on current products, connect with others who are equally excited about technology and voice their opinions on what's coming next."
The new community enlivens members' experiences by offering challenges, contests and even more ways to participate. Fans can also join the conversation when they're on Facebook, since the WePC Facebook page complements the WePC community with related features and functionality.
In addition, WePC members who want to be more actively involved can apply to be part of an exclusive group that will play an integral role as the community grows and receive special perks, such as direct access to ASUS and Intel, unique product testing opportunities and exclusive events.
WePC was developed in 2008 through collaboration between ASUS, an award-winning leader in PC hardware design, and Intel, a leader in silicon innovation.
WePC.com is an online community and "technology playground"-a fun place where people who love technology can share their experiences and learn about cool new ASUS and Intel innovations. It features stimulating conversations, fun challenges and activities, and unique product learning opportunities. WePC members can voice their opinions and have a say in new features and innovations-all while earning points, prizes and badges. WePC was created by ASUS and Intel to give everyone who loves technology a gathering place to imagine, interact and inspire each other.
ASUS, the world's top three consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world's best-selling and most award-winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, notebooks, netbooks, servers, multimedia, wireless solutions, networking devices and mobile phones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009 and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D team of 3,000 engineers, the company's revenue for 2009 was US$7.5 billion.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix completes migration to Amazon Web Services at last
- Ubisoft expects The Division to be a huge record-breaking new IP
- The Dark Knight is the true star of final 'Batman V Superman' trailer
- Windows 3.x Showcase lets you try out early 90s software again
- Bethsoft teases Fallout 4 DLC and huge Survivor Mode changes
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance