QNAP Unveils TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+ to Its Mid-range NAS Server Business Lineup
New 2- and 4-drive Desktop Models Incorporate New Single-core 1.8GHz Intel® Atom CPU with Faster and Better Performance
Taipei, Taiwan, November 2010 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers today refreshes its popular mid-range NAS business lineup with new 2- and 4-drive desktop models, TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+. The Turbo NAS servers adopt Intel's new D425 single-core Atom CPU with 1.8GHz clock speed and 1GB RAM, which delivers superior performance and high reliability with versatile business features. The new models provide maximum storage of 8TB (using four 2TB hard drives and single disk volume/JBOD configuration). The TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+ NAS servers are compatible with VMware, Citrix and Windows 2008 Hyper-V clusters virtualization platform, ideal for file sharing, backup, and advanced server applications in the office environment.
"The new Intel Atom-based single-core NAS continues to perform an important niche as a mid-range NAS server at price points which are attractive to small business users," said Laurent Cheng, Product Manager of QNAP Systems, Inc. "QNAP refreshes the CPU clock speed of TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+ to 1.8GHz which deliver even faster and better performance while executing concurrent applications and intensive data transfer," Mr. Cheng added. The new Turbo NAS supports 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch hard drives housed in lockable, hot-swappable drive carriers, advanced RAID configurations with online RAID capacity expansion, online RAID level migration, and RAID recovery. The Turbo NAS servers ship with version 3.3 of QNAP NAS management software which offers a rich suite of business-essential applications including class-leading iSCSI services with SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering, MPIO and MC/S, web server hosting, ISO file archiving, QMobile multimedia app for iPhone and Android phones, the most comprehensive centralized backup available, and so on. The capabilities of the Turbo NAS Pro II + units can be expanded with exclusive QPKG open-source add-ons for a variety of business applications including SQL database management, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and even ecommerce.
The TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+ will be available starting in November through popular commercial distributors, resellers, and retailers globally. To learn more about the new QNAP Business Series Turbo NAS Pro+ models, please visit http://www.qnap.com
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup