QNAP Unveils TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+ to Its Mid-range NAS Server Business Lineup
New 2- and 4-drive Desktop Models Incorporate New Single-core 1.8GHz Intel® Atom CPU with Faster and Better Performance
Taipei, Taiwan, November 2010 - QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers today refreshes its popular mid-range NAS business lineup with new 2- and 4-drive desktop models, TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+. The Turbo NAS servers adopt Intel's new D425 single-core Atom CPU with 1.8GHz clock speed and 1GB RAM, which delivers superior performance and high reliability with versatile business features. The new models provide maximum storage of 8TB (using four 2TB hard drives and single disk volume/JBOD configuration). The TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+ NAS servers are compatible with VMware, Citrix and Windows 2008 Hyper-V clusters virtualization platform, ideal for file sharing, backup, and advanced server applications in the office environment.
"The new Intel Atom-based single-core NAS continues to perform an important niche as a mid-range NAS server at price points which are attractive to small business users," said Laurent Cheng, Product Manager of QNAP Systems, Inc. "QNAP refreshes the CPU clock speed of TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+ to 1.8GHz which deliver even faster and better performance while executing concurrent applications and intensive data transfer," Mr. Cheng added. The new Turbo NAS supports 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch hard drives housed in lockable, hot-swappable drive carriers, advanced RAID configurations with online RAID capacity expansion, online RAID level migration, and RAID recovery. The Turbo NAS servers ship with version 3.3 of QNAP NAS management software which offers a rich suite of business-essential applications including class-leading iSCSI services with SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering, MPIO and MC/S, web server hosting, ISO file archiving, QMobile multimedia app for iPhone and Android phones, the most comprehensive centralized backup available, and so on. The capabilities of the Turbo NAS Pro II + units can be expanded with exclusive QPKG open-source add-ons for a variety of business applications including SQL database management, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and even ecommerce.
The TS-239 Pro II+ and TS-439 Pro II+ will be available starting in November through popular commercial distributors, resellers, and retailers globally. To learn more about the new QNAP Business Series Turbo NAS Pro+ models, please visit http://www.qnap.com
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Radeon RX 480 drawing too much power over the PCIe slot
- Diablo 4 is almost assuredly in the works
- Google's US-Japan 'FASTER Cable System' online, with 60Tbps bandwidth
- GeForce Experience beta features new interface, ShadowPlay upgrades
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card