ATI Radeon HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition Graphics Card Wins Prestigious Popular Science 2010 Best of What's New Award
AMD Eyefinity Technology revolutionized the PC visual experience
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -11/17/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that the ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition graphics card, driving up to six monitors by way of the revolutionary AMD Eyefinity multi-display Technology, was selected as a 2010 winner of the Popular Science Best of What's New Award.
"The ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition graphics card opened the door to a new era in personal computing," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager of AMD Graphics Division. "The ATI Radeon HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition allowed PC users to experience the ultimate panoramic computing experience. By bridging the innovation in ATI Eyefinity technology with broad ecosystem support, AMD enabled higher levels of productivity and created a more immersive gaming experience for PC users.
While most PC's require a second graphics card to drive more than two displays, AMD Eyefinity Technology marked a first for the graphics industry by enabling users to drive up to six monitors with a single graphics card. Additionally the six monitors can be configured as one single large surface or as multiple surfaces by creating groups of two or more monitors.
"For 23 years, Popular Science has honored the innovations that surprise and amaze us - those that make a positive impact on our world today and challenge our views of what's possible in the future." said Mark Jannot, Editor-in-Chief of Popular Science. "The Best of What's New Award is the magazine's top honor, and the winners - chosen from among thousands of entrants - represent the highest level of achievement in their fields."
This is another in a series of awards for AMD Eyefinity technology over the past year, including a Best of Innovations Award in the computer hardware category at CES 2010.
Since the launch of AMD Eyefinity Technology, the gaming and game development communities have embraced the immersive experience offered through multi-monitor gaming. AMD has continued to develop its End User Experience Program through AMD Eyefinity technology "Ready" and "Validated" guidelines. The AMD Eyefinity Validation and Ready testing process for hardware & software focuses on how end users utilize both hardware and software, and incorporates everything from signal integrity to engineering tests. With over 50 AMD Technology "ready" & "validated" game titles, and affordable AMD Eyefinity Active DP to SL-DVI adapters, multi-monitor gaming is fast becoming the preference among gamers and developers alike.
The ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 graphics card six monitor support started a trend that has quickly waterfalled into even more affordable options in the AMD graphics family.1 The inclusion of two mini-DisplayPort 1.2 connectors in the newly launched AMD Radeon HD 6850 and HD 6870 graphics cards will allow up to three DisplayPort 1.2 monitors to run off each connector, meaning that these cards will have configurations of 3, 4, 5 and 6 display supports when monitors supporting DisplayPort 1.2 come to market next year.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20