ATI Radeon HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition Graphics Card Wins Prestigious Popular Science 2010 Best of What's New Award
AMD Eyefinity Technology revolutionized the PC visual experience
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -11/17/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that the ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition graphics card, driving up to six monitors by way of the revolutionary AMD Eyefinity multi-display Technology, was selected as a 2010 winner of the Popular Science Best of What's New Award.
"The ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition graphics card opened the door to a new era in personal computing," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager of AMD Graphics Division. "The ATI Radeon HD5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition allowed PC users to experience the ultimate panoramic computing experience. By bridging the innovation in ATI Eyefinity technology with broad ecosystem support, AMD enabled higher levels of productivity and created a more immersive gaming experience for PC users.
While most PC's require a second graphics card to drive more than two displays, AMD Eyefinity Technology marked a first for the graphics industry by enabling users to drive up to six monitors with a single graphics card. Additionally the six monitors can be configured as one single large surface or as multiple surfaces by creating groups of two or more monitors.
"For 23 years, Popular Science has honored the innovations that surprise and amaze us - those that make a positive impact on our world today and challenge our views of what's possible in the future." said Mark Jannot, Editor-in-Chief of Popular Science. "The Best of What's New Award is the magazine's top honor, and the winners - chosen from among thousands of entrants - represent the highest level of achievement in their fields."
This is another in a series of awards for AMD Eyefinity technology over the past year, including a Best of Innovations Award in the computer hardware category at CES 2010.
Since the launch of AMD Eyefinity Technology, the gaming and game development communities have embraced the immersive experience offered through multi-monitor gaming. AMD has continued to develop its End User Experience Program through AMD Eyefinity technology "Ready" and "Validated" guidelines. The AMD Eyefinity Validation and Ready testing process for hardware & software focuses on how end users utilize both hardware and software, and incorporates everything from signal integrity to engineering tests. With over 50 AMD Technology "ready" & "validated" game titles, and affordable AMD Eyefinity Active DP to SL-DVI adapters, multi-monitor gaming is fast becoming the preference among gamers and developers alike.
The ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 graphics card six monitor support started a trend that has quickly waterfalled into even more affordable options in the AMD graphics family.1 The inclusion of two mini-DisplayPort 1.2 connectors in the newly launched AMD Radeon HD 6850 and HD 6870 graphics cards will allow up to three DisplayPort 1.2 monitors to run off each connector, meaning that these cards will have configurations of 3, 4, 5 and 6 display supports when monitors supporting DisplayPort 1.2 come to market next year.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- WhatsApp to share user data with Facebook
- Domino's Pizza begins testing drone delivery
- The best way to rock out to premium audio anywhere
- 'Quite a few' of THQ Nordic's new games are from THQ IPs
- PS4 Slim: 1.84 TFLOPs, HDD swapping, no 4K or HDR
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Is Bigger Always Better?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller