USB-IF ANNOUNCES SECOND CERTIFIED USB 3.0 HOST CONTROLLER
Availability of Fresco Logic xHCI Host Controller advances SuperSpeed USB ecosystem
BEAVERTON, Ore. - November 16, 2010 - Today, the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) announced the certification of USB 3.0 host controller FL1000 from Fresco Logic, a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets SuperSpeed USB connectivity solutions. The certification of Fresco Logic's host controller is an important step in the industry adoption of SuperSpeed USB solutions, providing manufacturers and developers with a second certified solution.
"Certification of additional products supports second source alternatives and a competitive ecosystem; the second certified USB 3.0 host controller builds upon the industry momentum for SuperSpeed USB, providing OEMs a crucial building block as they work to bring their SuperSpeed USB products to consumers worldwide," said Jeff Ravencraft, president, USB-IF. "We are pleased with Fresco Logic's contribution to the SuperSpeed USB ecosystem with its certified host controller. Certification ensures the best experience for consumers, and we encourage all companies developing SuperSpeed USB products to seek certification."
Fresco Logic's USB 3.0 host controller has been tested for compliance to the USB 3.0 specification and its certification offers a high level of confidence that it will interoperate with the billions of USB-enabled devices in the market today.
"Fresco Logic has been an early adopter of the USB 3.0 standard, and this certification is a significant milestone for us," said Jing-fan Zhang, president and CEO, Fresco Logic. "Compliance to industry standards is important to successful deployment and broad market adoption of a technology, and also signals to our customers that our host controller will work reliably with other certified SuperSpeed USB products."
To learn more about SuperSpeed USB, the SuperSpeed USB compliance and certification program or how to become a USB-IF member, visit http://www.usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now