USB-IF ANNOUNCES SECOND CERTIFIED USB 3.0 HOST CONTROLLER
Availability of Fresco Logic xHCI Host Controller advances SuperSpeed USB ecosystem
BEAVERTON, Ore. - November 16, 2010 - Today, the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) announced the certification of USB 3.0 host controller FL1000 from Fresco Logic, a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets SuperSpeed USB connectivity solutions. The certification of Fresco Logic's host controller is an important step in the industry adoption of SuperSpeed USB solutions, providing manufacturers and developers with a second certified solution.
"Certification of additional products supports second source alternatives and a competitive ecosystem; the second certified USB 3.0 host controller builds upon the industry momentum for SuperSpeed USB, providing OEMs a crucial building block as they work to bring their SuperSpeed USB products to consumers worldwide," said Jeff Ravencraft, president, USB-IF. "We are pleased with Fresco Logic's contribution to the SuperSpeed USB ecosystem with its certified host controller. Certification ensures the best experience for consumers, and we encourage all companies developing SuperSpeed USB products to seek certification."
Fresco Logic's USB 3.0 host controller has been tested for compliance to the USB 3.0 specification and its certification offers a high level of confidence that it will interoperate with the billions of USB-enabled devices in the market today.
"Fresco Logic has been an early adopter of the USB 3.0 standard, and this certification is a significant milestone for us," said Jing-fan Zhang, president and CEO, Fresco Logic. "Compliance to industry standards is important to successful deployment and broad market adoption of a technology, and also signals to our customers that our host controller will work reliably with other certified SuperSpeed USB products."
To learn more about SuperSpeed USB, the SuperSpeed USB compliance and certification program or how to become a USB-IF member, visit http://www.usb.org.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse