Drobo Introduces Expandable USB 3.0 System and Easiest-to-Use Remote Backup Solution
Data Robotics, Inc. ("Drobo"), the company that delivers the best storage experience ever, today announced a major new product and breakthrough data protection capabilities. These announcements come on the heels of record sales of the Drobo product family to small and medium-sized organizations worldwide.
"Today's announcements will serve to further accelerate what our customers and partners fondly call the 'Drobo invasion,'" said Tom Buiocchi, chief executive officer, Drobo. "Our quest to provide the best storage experience for small and medium-sized organizations just progressed significantly with today's new product advancements."
Drobo has unveiled its new Drobo S system to provide a number of industry firsts and breakthroughs by leveraging USB 3.0 technology. The company is also announcing the immediate availability of Drobo Sync, the world's easiest-to-use remote backup for small and medium-sized businesses, which is available with the company's new DroboPro FS system. All Drobo systems feature patented BeyondRAID technology, which enables greater ease-of-use, data safety, affordability, and expandability for organizations who rely on digital storage but who do not have deep storage expertise.
Breakthrough Features and Benefits Delivered by New Drobo S
The Drobo S is currently the most expandable USB 3.0 product in the market, with "industry first" support for multiple storage volumes and capacity of up to 32TB and beyond
The accelerated performance of the Drobo S is up to 10X faster than existing USB 2.0 solutions
The new Drobo S also features enhanced backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 systems (laptops, PCs and servers) to provide further investment protection and "future-proofing"
"When USB 3.0 was released, many storage vendors simply added a basic connector to their systems, but that precluded small and medium-sized businesses from taking full advantage of its promise," said Mark Peters, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "In contrast, by specifically engineering the Drobo S to incorporate USB 3.0, Data Robotics has been able to optimize performance and ease-of-use, both of which being characteristics that such businesses will appreciate."
Simple but Powerful Remote Backup
Drobo also announced the immediate availability of Drobo Sync, the easiest to use remote backup software, for its new DroboPro FS product family. Drobo Sync can be configured in just minutes with a few mouse clicks, and is included free of charge with all new DroboPro FS models to provide small businesses, resellers, and service providers with a cost-effective alternative to cloud-based solutions for backing up terabytes of data.
Pricing and Availability
The new Drobo S is available at a starting price of $799 with multiple configurations up to $1,799 for a 10TB bundle. Drobo Sync is included for free with the purchase of any new DroboPro FS and is available as a free software upgrade to existing DroboPro FS customers. The DroboPro FS is available at a starting price of $1,999 with multiple configurations up to $3,299 for a 16TB bundle.
Latest News Posts
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand