Drobo Introduces Expandable USB 3.0 System and Easiest-to-Use Remote Backup Solution
Data Robotics, Inc. ("Drobo"), the company that delivers the best storage experience ever, today announced a major new product and breakthrough data protection capabilities. These announcements come on the heels of record sales of the Drobo product family to small and medium-sized organizations worldwide.
"Today's announcements will serve to further accelerate what our customers and partners fondly call the 'Drobo invasion,'" said Tom Buiocchi, chief executive officer, Drobo. "Our quest to provide the best storage experience for small and medium-sized organizations just progressed significantly with today's new product advancements."
Drobo has unveiled its new Drobo S system to provide a number of industry firsts and breakthroughs by leveraging USB 3.0 technology. The company is also announcing the immediate availability of Drobo Sync, the world's easiest-to-use remote backup for small and medium-sized businesses, which is available with the company's new DroboPro FS system. All Drobo systems feature patented BeyondRAID technology, which enables greater ease-of-use, data safety, affordability, and expandability for organizations who rely on digital storage but who do not have deep storage expertise.
Breakthrough Features and Benefits Delivered by New Drobo S
The Drobo S is currently the most expandable USB 3.0 product in the market, with "industry first" support for multiple storage volumes and capacity of up to 32TB and beyond
The accelerated performance of the Drobo S is up to 10X faster than existing USB 2.0 solutions
The new Drobo S also features enhanced backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 systems (laptops, PCs and servers) to provide further investment protection and "future-proofing"
"When USB 3.0 was released, many storage vendors simply added a basic connector to their systems, but that precluded small and medium-sized businesses from taking full advantage of its promise," said Mark Peters, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "In contrast, by specifically engineering the Drobo S to incorporate USB 3.0, Data Robotics has been able to optimize performance and ease-of-use, both of which being characteristics that such businesses will appreciate."
Simple but Powerful Remote Backup
Drobo also announced the immediate availability of Drobo Sync, the easiest to use remote backup software, for its new DroboPro FS product family. Drobo Sync can be configured in just minutes with a few mouse clicks, and is included free of charge with all new DroboPro FS models to provide small businesses, resellers, and service providers with a cost-effective alternative to cloud-based solutions for backing up terabytes of data.
Pricing and Availability
The new Drobo S is available at a starting price of $799 with multiple configurations up to $1,799 for a 10TB bundle. Drobo Sync is included for free with the purchase of any new DroboPro FS and is available as a free software upgrade to existing DroboPro FS customers. The DroboPro FS is available at a starting price of $1,999 with multiple configurations up to $3,299 for a 16TB bundle.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance