AMD's 16-Core "Interlagos" Server Processor Named a "Top New Product to Watch" for High Performance Computing
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -11/16/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that its upcoming 16-core server platform based on the "Bulldozer" core has been selected by the editors of HPCWire as one of the top 5 new products or technologies to watch in 2011. AMD was also selected as one of the top vendors to watch, and the highly technical readership of HPCWire named the AMD Opteron 6100 Series processor ("Magny-Cours") as a top new product.
"The HPC community demands the very best in current products and is always looking at the leading edge of innovation," said John Fruehe, director, Server and Embedded product marketing, AMD. "The AMD Opteron 6000 Series platform is continuing to gain traction with our customers, as it simply offers more cores and more memory for less money. We know that for HPC workloads, more cores mean more performance and clearly they are excited about the idea of a highly-efficient 16-core processor based on the new "Bulldozer" architecture that is platform-compatible with current offerings."
Scheduled for production in 2Q11 and launch with widespread availability in 3Q11, the "Interlagos" processor features up to 16 cores and 4 channels of DDR-3 memory, ideally suited for HPC environments. The 8-core, 2-channel processor code-named "Valencia" will be well suited for smaller HPC clusters where power or price are significant concerns. "Bulldozer", the first new server processor core technology from AMD since the introduction of the original AMD Opteron processor, features a modular design with 256-bit floating point capabilities and other features that compliment high performance computing.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015