NVIDIA Reports Financial Results for Third Quarter Fiscal 2011
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/11/2010 -- NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA)
Revenue of $843.9 million, up 4.0 percent from the second quarter
GAAP net income rose to $84.9 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, from the second quarter's GAAP net loss of $141.0 million, or $0.25 per share
GAAP gross margin increased to 46.5 percent from the second quarter's 16.6 percent
NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) today reported revenue of $843.9 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2011 ended Oct. 31, 2010, up 4.0 percent from the prior quarter and down 6.6 percent from $903.2 million from the same period a year earlier.
On a GAAP basis, the company recorded net income of $84.9 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, compared with a GAAP net loss of $141.0 million, or $0.25 per share, in the previous quarter and GAAP net income of $107.6 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, in the same period a year earlier. GAAP gross margin was 46.5 percent compared with 16.6 percent in the previous quarter and 43.4 percent in the same period a year earlier.
"We have turned the corner," said Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA's president and chief executive officer. "We have restored our speed of execution and are regaining share in desktops. Only seven months after shipping our first processor based on the Fermi architecture, we have begun production on seven more GPUs, including the GeForce GTX 580, which sets a new standard for performance. The Fermi architecture is now in every segment of our desktop, notebook and workstation product lines.
"We've also made big strides this quarter in positioning ourselves at the center of cloud and mobile computing, which are transforming the computer landscape. Tesla now powers some of the world's fastest and greenest supercomputers. And Tegra will soon be featured in a range of smartphones and tablets we're building with our partners," he said.
The outlook for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 is as follows:
Revenue is expected to be up 3 to 5 percent from the third quarter.
GAAP gross margin is expected to be flat.
GAAP operating expenses are expected to be approximately $300 million.
GAAP tax rate is expected to be 18 to 20 percent.
Third Quarter Fiscal 2011 Highlights:
NVIDIA held the second annual GPU Technology Conference, which highlighted the growth of parallel computing, with five times more papers submitted and twice as many sessions.
The Tianhe-1A supercomputer, which incorporates 7,168 GPUs, was unveiled as the world's fastest supercomputer. Housed in the National Supercomputer Center, in Tianjin, China, the system is three-times more energy efficient than an equivalent CPU-only system and takes up half as much floor space.
NVIDIA launched 12 new GPU products, including the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 and GT 430.
After quarter end, NVIDIA launched and shipped the GeForce GTX 580 graphics card, which was received positively by media and industry analysts.
NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the GPU in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from tablets and portable media players to notebooks and workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. The Company holds more than 1,600 patents worldwide, including ones covering designs and insights that are essential to modern computing. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio