VIA Labs Scores USB-IF Certification First for USB 3.0 NAND Flash Controller
Ensures compliance with the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 standard and seamless backwards compatibility and interoperability in a unique single-chip package
Taipei, Taiwan, 10th November 2010 - VIA Labs, Inc., a leading supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers, today announced that the VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 to NAND Flash Controller is the first in the world to be certified by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) for SuperSpeed operation, ensuring high quality multimedia and more immersive and compelling applications.
The comprehensive suite of tests conducted as part of the USB-IF Compliance and Certification Program ensures that certified devices are interoperable and backwards compatible with existing USB devices, while also offering the speed and power enhancements of the new USB 3.0 specification.
Moreover, the VIA Labs VL750 packs this SuperSpeed punch within a single chip controller, eliminating the need for a second bridge chip and enabling more compact, more power efficient and more cost effective Flash drives.
"SuperSpeed certification is an industry first that places us well ahead of the USB 3.0 pack," said Gibson Chen, Vice President of Sales at VIA Labs, Inc. "This quality certification combined with the market's broadest USB 3.0 product range, spanning host, hub and device controllers, will assure our customers that we truly have the know-how to drive SuperSpeed into the mainstream."
As a USB-IF-certified product, the VIA Labs VL750 will be added to an Integrators List of compliant SuperSpeed USB devices, which is available to manufacturers at http://www.usb.org/developers/compliance. This List enables manufacturers to quickly find USB 3.0 components that have met the USB-IF Certification and Compliance Program criteria.
About the VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 to NAND Flash Controller
The VIA Labs VL750 is a highly integrated, single chip USB 3.0 to NAND Flash solution. Featuring a 4-channel memory controller with interleaving support, blisteringly fast data transfer speeds of 100MB/s or more can be achieved. In USB 2.0 mode, the VIA Labs VL750 offers class-leading performance with transfer speeds of up to 35 MB/s.
In addition to performance, the VIA Labs VL750 is also designed for ease of implementation and support. Powered by multiple, advanced in-house PHYs, the VL750 offers outstanding signal integrity characteristics and supports popular 2X-3X nm flash memories while consuming minimal power.
The VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 to NAND Flash Controller is available now for sampling; for pricing and sample requests, please contact your local VIA Labs sales representative or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the VIA Labs VL750 USB 3.0 to NAND flash controller at the VIA Labs website: http://www.via-labs.com.
About VIA Labs, Inc.
VIA Labs, Inc is the foremost supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers that are driving adoption of the new SuperSpeed USB data transfer specification. A wholly owned subsidiary of x86 processor platform provider, VIA Technologies, Inc., VIA Labs leverages its experience in high-speed serial link interfaces, in-house PHY design, and complete system integration to offer customers industry leading technology along with guaranteed high quality and implementation support. http://www.via-labs.com
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has Async Compute and DX12, expect 'DX12 fireworks'
- Volkswagen fraud settlement biggest in US history, hits $15 billion
- Dell's new 70-inch touchscreen for schools unveiled, costs $5000
- Battlefield 1 will have DX12 support, current alpha runs very smooth
- How the PS4 Neo and Xbox Scorpio are frustrating and confusing gamers
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines