LG ELECTRONICS HONORED WITH 12 CES 2011 INNOVATIONS AWARDS
Excellence in Design and Innovation Recognized in Seven Categories; Company Earns 'Best of Innovations' Distinction in Video Displays
NEW YORK, Nov. 9, 2010 - The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) recognized LG Electronics' excellence in design and technology with 12 prestigious 2011 International CES® Innovations Awards, including "Best of Innovations" recognition in the Video Display category for a dramatic new 55-inch class FULL LED HDTV with 3D capability and Internet connectivity.
LG home appliances, business solutions and home entertainment products were honored with awards in nine highly-competitive categories: Video Displays, Online Audio/Video Content, Video Components, Portable Media Players, Integrated Home Systems, Computer Peripherals and Major Home Appliances.
"This marks yet another double-digit CES Innovations Awards achievement for LG," said Peter Reiner, senior vice president, marketing, LG Electronics USA. "It is an honor to be recognized by industry experts for our commitment to providing consumers with innovative and intelligent features, intuitive functionality and sleek and stylish design."
LG's honorees for the 2011 awards include LED, LCD and plasma HDTVs, home theater systems, Network Blu-ray players and monitors, as well as laundry products and other home appliances. Innovations singled out by the judges include LG's NANO FULL LED backlight technology and LG's new NetCast 2.0 service platform with a simple and intuitive interface to access Internet-delivered content, applications and other services.
CES Innovations Awards are selected annually by a panel of prominent industry designers, engineers and journalists who judge product entries on criteria including user value, aesthetics, innovative design, quality and contributions to quality of life. Sponsored by CEA and endorsed by the Industrial Designers Society of America, the CES Innovations Awards highlight product advancements in technology design and engineering.
LG products will be displayed at the 2011 International CES, Jan. 6-9, 2011 in Las Vegas. The Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase will feature honorees by product category in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center and will also be featured at CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES on January 4.
LG's Innovations honorees were judged based on the following criteria:
Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
Aesthetic and design qualities
Product's intended use/function and user value
Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
According to CEA, products chosen as Innovations Awards honorees reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2008 global sales of $44.7 billion, LG comprises of five business units - Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is one of the world's leading producers of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both A Global Partner of Formula 1 and A Technology Partner of Formula 1. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit http://www.lge.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- Blade Runner meets Fallout 4 in this amazing settlement creation
- Resident Evil 7 isn't a reboot, you play a powerless, ordinary person
- which has appears diagnosing to whom the people additionally energy y
- Owen stayed at true to her bit
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines