THRUSTMASTERÂ® NAMED AS CES INNOVATIONS 2011 DESIGN AND ENGINEERING AWARD HONOREE
ThrustmasterÂ® honored for HOTAS WARTHOGÂ™, a replica joystick and dual throttle system for flight simulation enthusiasts
New York, New York, November 9, 2010 - Thrustmaster, the innovative PC and console accessory brand, today announced that it has been named an International CES Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for their new flagship gaming product, the HOTAS WARTHOGÂ™, a full replica of the joystick, dual throttle system and dual throttle control panel of the U.S. Air Force A-10C attack aircraft. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 35 product categories.
Weighing in at more than 14 lbs, the joystick, throttle handles and bases are constructed mostly of metal. With 55 fully programmable action buttons and 2 four-direction hat switches, each with a built-in push button (the first joystick in the world to incorporate such a feature), the HOTAS WARTHOGÂ™ is in a class of its own. It employs H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate TechnologyÂ™* magnetic sensor system: 16-bit precision with no gimbals. The HOTAS WARTHOGÂ™ also includes the powerful T.A.R.G.E.T programming software (Thrustmaster Advanced pRogramming Graphical EdiTor). T.A.R.G.E.T is a software suite allowing users to test, configure and program ThrustmasterÂ® controllers, chief among them the all-new HOTAS WARTHOGÂ™, but also the MFD Cougar, the HOTAS CougarÂ™ and the T.16000M.
"The HOTAS WARTHOGÂ™ joystick and T.A.R.G.E.T. software is the result of an intense collaboration between Thrustmaster's development team and members of the flight sim community," said Agnes Corniere, Worldwide Marketing Director for Thrustmaster. "We are proud to have received such a high product honor and hope that it meets the most exact and specific requirements of flight sim fans."
The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
Â• Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
Â• Aesthetic and design qualities
Â• The product's intended use/function and user value
Â• Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
Â• How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Products chosen as Innovations honorees reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
Thrustmaster's HOTAS WARTHOG will be displayed at the 2011 International CES, which runs January 6-9, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase will feature honorees by product category in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center and will also be featured at CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES on Tuesday, January 4.
Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on http://www.CESweb.org/Innovations, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
Guillemot Corporation is a designer and manufacturer of interactive entertainment hardware and accessories. The Group offers a diversified range of products under the Hercules and Thrustmaster brand names. Active in this market since 1984, the Guillemot Corporation Group is currently present in 11 countries including France, Germany, the UK, the United States, Canada, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Hong Kong, and Italy, and distributes its products across more than 30 countries worldwide. The Group's mission is to offer high-performance, ergonomic products which maximize the enjoyment of digital interactive entertainment end users.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- 'Streets of Rage', 'Altered Beast' films on the way
- Hollywood to rent movies, 2 weeks after they hit cinemas
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand