NAVIGON Announces Partnership with Samsung in Australia
Turn-by-turn Navigation App Preinstalled on all Samsung GALAXY Tab Devices Sold in Australia
Sydney, November 1, 2010 - NAVIGON AG, one of the world's leading manufacturers of navigation solutions, today announced a partnership with Samsung that delivers the NAVIGON navigation app preinstalled on all Samsung GALAXY Tab devices on sale in Australia. The award-winning app transforms the tablet into a premium turn-by-turn navigation device. Included are many of NAVIGON's hallmark navigation functions that are available free for all GALAXY Tab users. Additional premium features and services can easily be added via in app purchases.
"Australian's have a thirst for navigation, as evident in the strong PND sector, and this extends to mobile devices," said Gerhard Mayr, vice-president worldwide mobile phone business at NAVIGON. "We are therefore proud to partner with Samsung to provide GALAXY Tab users with a breakthrough navigation solution. Its portable size and great performance makes this device an ideal platform for our first dedicated tablet navigation software on the Australian market."
"We're incredibly excited to be partnering with NAVIGON to offer customers who purchase Samsung's GALAXY Tab free premium turn by turn navigation," said Tyler McGee, Vice President, Telecommunications, Samsung Electronics Australia. "Our research shows that of consumers intending to purchase a tablet device, around 64% of them intend to use Navigation applications. We believe the size of the Samsung GALAXY Tab will be key in satisfying this consumer need."
NAVIGON's navigation app on the GALAXY Tab is also the first app of the German company available on the Android platform in Australia. With a simple tap on the preinstalled client, users will be directed to the Android Market to download the latest app version [approx 9MB]. Included are on-board NAVTEQ maps of both Australia and New Zealand, ensuring that no map download fees apply. The app relies on the devices' GPS receiver as well as the pre-loaded maps, providing full function navigation capabilities without the need of any mobile signal.
- 2D & 3D map view
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance
- Intelligent Address Search
- NAVIGON MyRoutes: recommends the best route every time, adapted to your personal driving style, the day of the week and the time of day.
- NAVIGON Reality View Pro: thanks to photo-realistic displays of exits and the actual junction number, you'll be able to follow the signs.
- Pedestrian Navigation: guides you the last few metres of your journey after parking, all the way to your actual destination.
- Google Local Search: users have instant access to the most up to date point of interest (POI) search results.
- Further features include navigation to contacts, coordinate input, automatic day and night mode and much more.
Additional premium features and services allow users to customise the NAVIGON app to meet exactly their needs. Three premium packages can easily be added out of the application via in app purchase. The following prices reflect a 30 percent price decrease promotion that is running until the end of the year.
The Safety & Relax Package ($12.95): provides Lane Assistant Pro, Speed & Red Light Camera Warnings, School Zones and Speed Warner.
The Traffic Live Package ($19.95): delivers real-time traffic information and routes drivers around congested roads, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The traffic information is provided by Suna Traffic.
The Sound & Fun Package ($9.95): adds text-to-speech, announcing street names in addition to directions, and International Voices with different dialects, to lighten up the journey.
NAVIGON AG is a world leading provider of premium navigation technology. NAVIGON delivers software on mobile phone platforms and for the automotive industry as well as branded personal navigation devices. The company has partnerships with leading consumer electronics companies and stands for high quality products, innovation and elegant design. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON is present in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South Africa. - NAVIGON. And the world is yours.
Latest News Posts
- Google will soon retire Picasa photo service
- Apple rumored to release iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 18
- AMD's new recruit teases the Radeon R9 Fury X2 dual-GPU card
- NVIDIA is testing four different Pascal GPUs right now
- Micron unveils its own 3D NAND technology, finally going vertical
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives