Logitech Announces Second Quarter Financial Results for FY 2011
Company Delivers Strong Growth in Revenue and Profitability; Increases Outlook for Full Year
FREMONT, Calif., Oct. 27, 2010 and MORGES, Switzerland, Oct. 28, 2010 - Logitech International (SIX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI) today announced financial results for the second quarter of Fiscal Year 2011.
Sales for Q2 FY 2011 were $582 million, up 17 percent from $498 million in the same quarter last year. Excluding the unfavorable impact of exchange rate changes, sales increased by 21 percent. Operating income was $51 million, an increase of 87 percent compared to $27 million in the same quarter a year ago. Net income for Q2 was $41 million ($0.23 per share) compared to $21 million ($0.11 per share) in Q2 of FY 2010. Gross margin for Q2 FY 2011 was 37.3 percent, up from 30.5 percent one year ago and the Company's highest-ever quarterly gross margin.
Logitech's retail sales for Q2 FY 2011 grew by 11 percent year over year, with an increase in Asia of 38 percent, an increase in the Americas of 19 percent, and a decrease in EMEA of 3 percent. OEM sales increased by 10 percent. The LifeSize division, which was not included in the previous year's results, contributed 6 percentage points to the Company's Q2 FY 2011 sales growth compared to the prior year.
"We're very pleased with our strong performance in Q2," stated Gerald P. Quindlen, Logitech president and chief executive officer. "We delivered double-digit growth in both sales and operating income, and we continued the momentum in our LifeSize division. We also achieved the highest quarterly gross margin in our history, primarily due to favorable product mix shifts and supply chain efficiency improvements.
"As a result of our very strong gross margin performance in the first half of FY 2011, we have raised our operating income outlook for the full fiscal year. In addition, we have raised our sales outlook for the full fiscal year to include our initial estimate of sales for our line of products for Google TV. We're very encouraged both by early indicators of enthusiasm for our Logitech Revue with Google TV and associated peripherals and the opportunity for developing another long-term growth driver for our business."
For Fiscal Year 2011, ending March 31, 2011, Logitech has raised its sales outlook from the previous range of $2.3 to $2.35 billion to the new range of $2.35 to $2.4 billion. The target for operating income has been raised from the previous range of $160 to $170 million to the new range of $170 to $180 million. Expected gross margin has increased to approximately 36 percent from the previous range of 34 to 35 percent. The expected tax rate continues to be approximately 16 percent.
Earnings Teleconference and Webcast
Logitech will hold an earnings teleconference on Thursday, Oct. 28, 2010 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and 14:30 Central European Summer Time. A live webcast of the call, along with presentation slides, will be available on the Logitech corporate Web site at http://ir.logitech.com.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech's combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset