OWC Announces Low-Cost DIY 1 TB Hard Drive Kits for Laptops
Other World Computing (OWC), the leading provider of Mac and PC performance upgrades, storage drives and accessories, announced today the OWC DIY Hard Drive Kit, the easiest and lowest-cost way to upgrade your laptop hard drive at home, school, or office to a faster (to 7200RPM!), larger (to 1TB!) hard drive or high performance SSD without sending the laptop out for repairs or buying a new laptop. The OWC DIY Hard Drive Kit provides everything you need to increase space and performance for your MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini storage, or PC laptop and be "green" by re-using your "old" hard drive as a new portable external drive.
Super Fast High-Performance SSD Drives for Laptops
When your laptop starts getting slow or you're running out of hard drive space, the DIY Hard Drive Kit lets you easily upgrade your laptop's drive for faster boot times, application loading, and overall system responsiveness. OWC offers high-performance hard drives or even higher performance SSDs for the best blazingly fast load time speeds, which you have to see to believe. In addition, the free Online Instructional Videos, How-To Guides, and 24/7 tech support provided from USA, make it very easy to install your new drive, walking you through the steps to replace the drive and showing you how to transfer data from the old drive to the new.
Save Money & Be "Green" - Re-use Your "Old" Drive as New Portable Drive
Available in 60 configurations, priced starting at $57.99 according to capacity and speed, the kits provide a savings of up to 40% versus buying all the components separately. After upgrading their laptop with the new hard drive, consumers can also save money and be more environmentally responsible by re-using their old drive with the included OWC enclosure instead of throwing the drive out. "OWC is helping customers to 'be green' and re-use their old hard drives as external portable drives, thereby saving money, and the planet at the same time," said Larry O'Connor, Founder & CEO, Other World Computing (OWC).
Available immediately from Macsales.com, priced starting at only $57.99, the OWC DIY Hard Drive Kits are compatible with Mac or PC laptop and Mac mini internal drives, Apple OS 8.6 to 9.2.2, Apple OS X (all versions, including the latest 10.6 "Snow Leopard") and Windows 98SE or later operating systems.
The OWC DIY Drive Kits http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-drives/2.5-Notebook/SATA/DIY includes:
New Hard Drive: 2.5" up to 1TB hard drive, 5400 or 7200 RPM, or high-performance SSD.
OWC External Enclosure to re-use old drive: 2.5" bus-powered (FireWire and/or USB 2.0).
5 Piece Toolkit: provides all the tools needed to complete the DIY project.
Cables for transferring data from the old drive to new drive,
24/7 U.S.-based high-quality tech support.
60 Configurations priced starting at $57.99 for 40% savings.
Select Kit's software bundle ($200 value)
Latest News Posts
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni