OCZ Technology Opens Additional Solid-State Drive (SSD) Manufacturing Facility to Meet Increased Demand
New Taiwan Facility Enables OCZ to Increase SSD Production by Over 100% (Volume in Units)
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 19, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, has announced the opening of a new SSD manufacturing plant in Taipei, Taiwan slated to begin operation on Monday, October 25.
A testament to the Company's dedication to market leadership, the new facility features best of class manufacturing, as well as test and burn-in technology required by the Company's growing OEM client base.
The new facility increases the Company's SSD manufacturing capacity to 140,000 units a month from 50,000 units a month internally, accommodating the growing demand for both client and enterprise OCZ SSDs.
"As our SSD revenues continue to expand, we are happy to announce our new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Taipei, Taiwan," said Ryan Petersen, CEO of the OCZ Technology Group. "Our new 20,000 square foot facility was set up in response to increased demand from OEMs for our Enterprise Solid State Drive products and significantly increases our monthly SSD capacity."
OCZ demonstrated exciting growth last quarter (SSD unit sales ramped from an average of 15,000 units per month in Q1'11 to over 54,000 units in August). This manufacturing expansion signifies the company's commitment to supporting its growing OEM client base.
With a complete spectrum of interfaces including SATA, SAS, Fibre Channel, PCI-Express, USB 3.0, and the proprietary High-Speed Data Link (HSDL) introduced earlier this month, OCZ anticipates demand of its current and future SSD products and continues to establish itself in both the consumer and enterprise storage markets. Thanks to the improved manufacturing capabilities of the supplementary factory, OCZ intends on meeting the market demand in the coming months.
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ") is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid-State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well as leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives