SteelSeries Announces New World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse
Today, SteelSeries, the leading manufacturer of professional gaming peripherals and creator of the original World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse, announces a new MMO gaming mouse co-developed with Blizzard Entertainment. With a unique exterior that evokes the armored plating of Deathwing the Destroyer, the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse delivers superior ergonomics and an intuitive button layout with advanced software functionality.
"Since the release of the original World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse in 2008, we've received feedback from thousands of World of Warcraft players, both Horde and Alliance, on how they've customized their World of Warcraft mice and what they would like us to do next," said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. "For two years, our R&D team worked hard with Blizzard Entertainment to incorporate the great feedback and to enhance the mouse technology and game integration. The new Cataclysm mouse is the result of that collaboration: it provides a wide range of customization options and delivers a more comfortable, intuitive, and ultimately better experience."
Armored Comfort and Control
The ergonomically designed SteelSeries World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse has an intuitive 14-button layout. Its fine tuned ergonomics and button positioning provide players with the ability to comfortably use all the extended buttons. Macros and controls can be assigned to all buttons directly from within the game. Together with its 16-million color illumination options, 4 pulsation levels, the ability to save up to 10 character-linked profiles in the software and 1 profile directly on the mouse, players have a wide range of options to customize their gaming experience.
The drag and drop software empowers players to:
Program all 14 buttons with more than 130 preset game commands
Create custom macros and/or use the in-game macro scripting language
The SteelSeries World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse features best in class technical specifications including:
Frames Per Second: 11,750
Inches Per Second: 150
Counts Per Inch: 90 - 5,040 ( DPI / CPI )
Lift Distance: 1 - 5mm
14 Programmable Buttons
Cable: 2.5 m / 8.2 ft Braided Nylon
Mac and PC Compatible
The SteelSeries World of Warcraft: Cataclysm MMO Gaming Mouse is $99.99 USD / 89.99 EUR MSRP and will be available at the December 7, 2010 launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. The mouse will be previewed to gamers for the first time at the SteelSeries booth during BlizzCon on October 22-23, 2010. For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Valve announces Steam Link, to extend Steam anywhere in your house
- 'Independence Day 2' casts Jeff Goldblum and Liam Hemsworth
- AT&T wants connected homes and vehicles to better communicate
- Unity 5 announced, will be royalty free as a 'Personal Edition'
- Steam Machines will begin their lounge room takeover in November
- iPad Charge Problem
- VisionTek DataVault 3S Interlocking Stackable Storage Case Review
- Backup /Restore for W7 - exit strategy for WHS 2011
- M5A78L-M LX Plus + FX4100 Serious Failure Problem?
- ASUS WiFi Bridge
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams