Toshiba Adds 4G WiMAX Capabilities to Award-winning Portege R700
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced two 4G WiMAX-ready models of the Portege R700, the world's lightest 13.3-inch full-performance ultraportable laptop with an integrated DVD drive2. The new Portege R700 models not only provide business users with unprecedented performance and durability in a highly mobile form factor, but the most comprehensive connectivity options available.
"4G WiMAX coverage continues to rapidly grow and offers millions of people wireless access in many major metropolitan areas across the U.S.," said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Now with a WiMAX-enabled Portege R700, Toshiba business professionals will be able to enjoy the benefits of having citywide connectivity at their fingertips."
WiMAX is currently available in 54 cities nationwide and is expected to be available in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Minneapolis, New York and Pittsburgh by the end of 2010.
With a starting weight of just three pounds3 and about one inch thin, the Portege R700 supports the latest Intel Core family of full-powered processors and a wealth of features and ports required by business users, including the ability to dock to a port replicator, an ExpressCard slot, an eSATA/USB combo port with Sleep-and-Charge4, as well as a built-in DVD SuperMulti drive and Webcam. The Portege R700 also features a high-capacity six-cell battery with a long battery life rating.
The Portege R700-S1332W features the Intel Core i7 processor6 and a 128GB solid state drive7, while the Portege R700-S1322W features the Intel Core i5 processor and a 320GB high-speed 7200 RPM hard drive8. Both include 4GB of DDR3 memory.
With a light, yet durable magnesium alloy casing reinforced with a honeycomb rib design, the Portege R700 features a 13.3-inch diagonal HD widescreen LED-backlit display10, a premium raised tile keyboard and a wide TouchPad with customizable Multi-touch Control that makes typing and navigation easy and comfortable.
The WiMAX-enabled Portege R700-S1332W ($1,699 MSRP) and Portege R700-S1322W ($1,349 MSRP) will be available on Oct. 12, 2010 through select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers and e-tailers.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now