Toshiba Adds 4G WiMAX Capabilities to Award-winning Portege R700
Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced two 4G WiMAX-ready models of the Portege R700, the world's lightest 13.3-inch full-performance ultraportable laptop with an integrated DVD drive2. The new Portege R700 models not only provide business users with unprecedented performance and durability in a highly mobile form factor, but the most comprehensive connectivity options available.
"4G WiMAX coverage continues to rapidly grow and offers millions of people wireless access in many major metropolitan areas across the U.S.," said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Now with a WiMAX-enabled Portege R700, Toshiba business professionals will be able to enjoy the benefits of having citywide connectivity at their fingertips."
WiMAX is currently available in 54 cities nationwide and is expected to be available in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Minneapolis, New York and Pittsburgh by the end of 2010.
With a starting weight of just three pounds3 and about one inch thin, the Portege R700 supports the latest Intel Core family of full-powered processors and a wealth of features and ports required by business users, including the ability to dock to a port replicator, an ExpressCard slot, an eSATA/USB combo port with Sleep-and-Charge4, as well as a built-in DVD SuperMulti drive and Webcam. The Portege R700 also features a high-capacity six-cell battery with a long battery life rating.
The Portege R700-S1332W features the Intel Core i7 processor6 and a 128GB solid state drive7, while the Portege R700-S1322W features the Intel Core i5 processor and a 320GB high-speed 7200 RPM hard drive8. Both include 4GB of DDR3 memory.
With a light, yet durable magnesium alloy casing reinforced with a honeycomb rib design, the Portege R700 features a 13.3-inch diagonal HD widescreen LED-backlit display10, a premium raised tile keyboard and a wide TouchPad with customizable Multi-touch Control that makes typing and navigation easy and comfortable.
The WiMAX-enabled Portege R700-S1332W ($1,699 MSRP) and Portege R700-S1322W ($1,349 MSRP) will be available on Oct. 12, 2010 through select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers and e-tailers.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines