WD(R) Provides Consumers Fastest Access to Their Content With New Home Network Drive
The My Book(R) Live(TM) Home Network Drive Enables Users to Easily and Securely Centralize, Share and Stream Digital Content at Home...or When Away
LAKE FOREST, Calif., Oct 07, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
WD(R) (NYSE: WDC), the world's leader in external storage solutions, today introduced its My Book(R) Live(TM) home network drive (photo), which gives consumers the fastest storage of and access to their content among consumer-grade network drives and provides a seamless set-up for centralizing a home's digital media. The drives present an easy and secure way to consolidate movies, music, and photos in one location while providing convenient access to digital content from multimedia devices in the connected home.
WD has leveraged the latest processor technology to deliver transfer speeds up to 100 MBps, more than triple the speed of traditional USB 2.0 drives and at least double the speeds of other network drives in its class.
My Book Live home network drive's built-in media server makes it a fast, simple solution for users who wish to view videos, music and images on any Mac(R) or PC connected to the home network and stream digital media to a television set through a DLNA(R)-certified multimedia device such as WD TV(R) Live Plus HD media player, Blu-ray Disc(TM) player, Xbox 360(R) or PlayStation(R) 3 game console. Users can also play music and videos stored on their drive in iTunes(R), as well as view their digital photos on their iPhone(R), iPod touch(R) and iPad(TM) with the swipe of a finger through the included WD Photos(TM) application. Users can also securely access and share all the content and files stored on the My Book Live from any Internet-connected PC or Mac using WD's free remote access service.
"Network attached storage presents tremendous opportunity for families wishing to centralize all of their digital content and enjoy it on computers, TVs and smartphones around their home and beyond," said Dale Pistilli, vice president of marketing for WD's branded products group. "Our consumer research tells us that consumers need a simple way to set up a one-stop shop for their digital media. WD's My Book Live home network drive makes it easy for anyone to enjoy the benefits of network storage and delivers blazing read speeds to boot."
My Book Live Home Network Drive
My Book Live home network drive features:
Simple set-up - ready in minutes;
Seamless video streaming with a built-in DLNA media server;
Automatic backup with WD SmartWare(TM) software for Windows;
Apple(R) Time Machine(R) compatibility;
Gigabit Ethernet technology for speeds faster than USB 2.0 drives; and,
A 3-year limited warranty.
Capacity and Compatibility
My Book Live home network drive is available in capacities of 1 TB and 2 TB and is compatible with Windows(R) XP, Windows Vista(R), Windows 7, Mac OS(R) X Leopard(R) and Snow Leopard(R), as well as DLNA/UPnP(R) enabled devices.
Price and Availability
My Book Live home network drive has a 3-year limited warranty and is now available at select U.S. retailers and online at the wdstore.com. MSRP is $169.99 USD for 1 TB and $229.99 USD for 2 TB.
WD, one of the storage industry's pioneers and long-time leaders, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. The company designs and produces reliable, high-performance hard drives and solid state drives that keep users' data accessible and secure from loss. Its advanced technologies are configured into applications for client and enterprise computing, embedded systems and consumer electronics, as well as its own consumer storage and media products.
Latest News Posts
- Razer announces a new customizable Xbox One controller for $150
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20