Comodo's GeekBuddy Delivers PC Users Their Own Personal Geek to Resolve PC Problems Remotely
Empowering PC Users at Any Age and Any Experience Level to Keep Their Computers Running Optimally
Jersey City, NJ, October 7, 2010 - Comodo, a leading Internet security organization, today announced the launch of GeekBuddy™ - an online support service designed to give live, instant technical assistance to home PC users whenever they have problems with their computer.
The service allows anyone with a Windows based computer and a high-speed Internet connection to receive immediate help from a live Comodo® security professional anytime of the day, seven days a week.
For an annual subscription, GeekBuddy software will proactively monitor your PC and alert you when there is a problem allowing you to then connect to a Comodo technician for quick resolution. From this point, the technician will securely work with the customer to help correct any performance or system problems to not only correct the immediate issue but to ensure the machine running in peak condition. Typical services include comprehensive malware diagnosis and removal, performance tune-ups, correction of system and driver errors, printer set up, e-mail set up, assistance with software installation and more.
"No other product on the market comes close to GeekBuddy," said Melih Abbdulhayoglu, Comodo CEO and chief security architect. "This type of proactive, remote support has been available for years at large corporations with dedicated IT departments - but never before at the consumer level. Up until now, consumers would have to spend hours to find a solution, rely upon a trusted family member who is computer savvy or send their computer out for repair, or even worse yet, resort to buying a whole new computer... GeekBuddy changes this by empowering PC users to efficiently and effectively maintain their PC with a single click of a desktop icon."
GeekBuddy customers can connect to Comodo technicians for help as many times as they want throughout the year - without incurring any additional charges. GeekBuddy also comes with bonus security and productivity software including Antivirus, Firewall, Registry Cleaner, Backup Utility and Uninstaller.
"Our expert support technicians are available round the clock 365 days a year helping users to ensure trouble free computing. In addition to being a great support tool GeekBuddy helps users avoid the loss of valuable files and photos and provides the security and maintenance tools necessary to do so," said Robert Schaffer, Comodo managing director.
GeekBuddy Features and Functionality
• VIRUS DIAGNOSIS/REMOVAL: PC scan to check for viruses and spyware, then removes any viruses detected.
• PC TUNEUP: Full assessment to evaluate issues affecting computer's performance, then fine tunes key areas and improves speed and stability.
• EMAIL SETUP: Set up of Internet-based email accounts-any provider, any account.
• SECURITY REVIEW: Activation of basic computer security settings to fix vulnerabilities and prevent loss of sensitive data and possible identity theft.
• PRINTER SETUP: Installation or update software and printer drivers and configure printers to work on a wireless or wired network.
• SOFTWARE INSTALLATION: Installation of software products and customized configuration for maximum security protection and efficiency.
• COMPUTER TROUBLESHOOTING: Checks basic hardware conflicts in Windows.
• POWER OPTIMIZATION: Green PC services for optimizing power management settings based on how the user users their computer. Go green and save money on electric bills.
Pricing and Availability
GeekBuddy and other Comodo products are available at the following retailers: OfficeMax®, Sam's Club®, J&R™, Fry's Electronics, and online at Walmart.com, Amazon.com® and Newegg.com®, and PcMall® for $49.95 for a one-year subscription. GeekBuddy is also available for a free 60-day trial from http://www.GeekBuddy.com.
• Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® XP, 32-bit version or 64-bit version
• High-Speed Internet Access, Internet Explorer Version 5.1 or higher
• 210 MB hard disk space
• 128 MB available RAM
• CD ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
For more information about GeekBuddy go to: http://www.GeekBuddy.com.
Comodo is a leading brand in Internet security. With US Headquarters in New Jersey and global resources in UK, China, India, Ukraine, and Romania, Comodo provides businesses and consumers worldwide with security and trust services, including digital certificates, PCI scanning, desktop security, and remote PC support. Securing online transactions for over 200,000 businesses, and with more than 25 million desktop security software installations, including an award-winning firewall and antivirus software, Comodo is Creating Trust Online®.