Synology Unveils USB Station 2 - Most Affordable, Power-saving and Easy to Use NAS
Synology Inc. today launched the new USB Station 2, an affordable and easy to use NAS server, featuring plug-and-play file sharing, multimedia content streaming, download without a PC, and low power consumption of only 4W in operation, making it prefect for home to small office networks running multiplatform.
"USB Station 2 is the most affordable Synology's NAS server ever. Almost everyone can afford it and experience the rich features of file sharing and multimedia enjoyment delivered by its legendary Synology DiskStation Manager 3.0 (DSM 3.0) operating system," said Chad Cheng, product manager of Synology Inc.
By simply plugging in any USB storage devices, USB Station 2 is ready to share files and multimedia content among Windows, Mac, and Linux, vastly increasing users' work efficiency, yet decreasing IT administration cost. Synology's groundbreaking File Browser feature delivers effortless and intuitive file sharing with the ease of file navigation in a web browser. The USB printer sharing capability further minimizes users' expenses by sharing printing resources throughout the working environment.
USB Station 2 boasts versatile multimedia features that are available right out of the box. One of them is Audio Station 2 application that supports music, Internet radio stations, and iPod playback with optional speakers. Streaming mode allows music to be shared with multiple users over the Intranet or Internet. Furthermore, DS audio smartphone application allows users to stream terabyte of music stored on USB Station 2 to iPhone, iPod touch or Andriod phone whenever Internet access is available.
Other key multimedia applications are Download Station 2 that functions as a 24/7 download center without a PC; iTunes Server that allows users to share music and video with other iTunes clients over the network; and the DLNA certified media server that allows users to stream multimedia files to a DLNA/UPnP compatible devices, including digital media adapter (DMA), TV-set, Sony PS3 or Microsoft Xbox360.
"USB Station 2 lives up to our principle of being environmental friendly. It consumes only 4W in operation and enables the connected external hard drives hibernate," added Cheng. "Together with its fan-less design, USB Station 2 not only reduces users' carbon footprints but also brings them noiseless environments."
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop sports GeForce GPU, Skylake CPU
- The Crew Wild Run set for closed beta on October 15
- Lumia 950 and 950XL has liquid cooling, 4K video, octacore CPU
- Microsoft HoloLens dev kits will be $3,000, ships in Q1 2016
- 'Tobiwan', Soe and 'Maelk' to headline MLG $500,000 2015 World Finals
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs