Global Chip Sales Increase 1.8 Percent Month-on-Month
The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) today reported that worldwide semiconductor sales in August were $25.7 billion, an increase of 1.8 percent from July when sales were $25.2 billion. Sales increased by 32.6 percent from August 2009 when sales were $19.4 billion. Sales for the first eight months of 2010 were $194.6 billion compared to $134.7 billion for the same period in 2009, an increase of 44.4 percent. All monthly sales numbers represent a three-month moving average. "Semiconductor sales have been strong with August marking the sixth consecutive month of sequential growth"
"Semiconductor sales have been strong with August marking the sixth consecutive month of sequential growth," said SIA President Brian Toohey. "PC and wireless related products along with infrastructure expansion in emerging markets, particularly in China and India, continue to drive sales. Concerns about economic conditions in the U.S. and Europe, coupled with seasonal patterns, bear close monitoring. We remain confident in our $290.5 billion forecast, which represents 28.4 percent annual growth for 2010," Toohey concluded.
SIA will release an updated semiconductor forecast on November 4th.
Latest News Posts
- Report: 5 billion Google Android apps are vulnerable to cyberattack
- Mobile payment market is up for grabs among companies pushing services
- Dropping phablet prices putting pressure on smaller-sized smartphones
- Secret Service plans to test drone flights in Washington, D.C
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch could replace car keys for newer vehicles
- Asrock h87 fatality performance sound problem
- win crash
- PC-K65 and PC-K69
- Ga-ep31-ds3l dead after flashing bios
- HIS Multi-View x2 HDOCK1 USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station Review
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop