Global Chip Sales Increase 1.8 Percent Month-on-Month
The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) today reported that worldwide semiconductor sales in August were $25.7 billion, an increase of 1.8 percent from July when sales were $25.2 billion. Sales increased by 32.6 percent from August 2009 when sales were $19.4 billion. Sales for the first eight months of 2010 were $194.6 billion compared to $134.7 billion for the same period in 2009, an increase of 44.4 percent. All monthly sales numbers represent a three-month moving average. "Semiconductor sales have been strong with August marking the sixth consecutive month of sequential growth"
"Semiconductor sales have been strong with August marking the sixth consecutive month of sequential growth," said SIA President Brian Toohey. "PC and wireless related products along with infrastructure expansion in emerging markets, particularly in China and India, continue to drive sales. Concerns about economic conditions in the U.S. and Europe, coupled with seasonal patterns, bear close monitoring. We remain confident in our $290.5 billion forecast, which represents 28.4 percent annual growth for 2010," Toohey concluded.
SIA will release an updated semiconductor forecast on November 4th.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Did you want a Nokia Android smartphone? Here are three!
- Huawei unveils the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic
- Enter the 'Doctor Strange' world in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Huawei unveils the P10 and P10 Plus
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand