Global Chip Sales Increase 1.8 Percent Month-on-Month
The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) today reported that worldwide semiconductor sales in August were $25.7 billion, an increase of 1.8 percent from July when sales were $25.2 billion. Sales increased by 32.6 percent from August 2009 when sales were $19.4 billion. Sales for the first eight months of 2010 were $194.6 billion compared to $134.7 billion for the same period in 2009, an increase of 44.4 percent. All monthly sales numbers represent a three-month moving average. "Semiconductor sales have been strong with August marking the sixth consecutive month of sequential growth"
"Semiconductor sales have been strong with August marking the sixth consecutive month of sequential growth," said SIA President Brian Toohey. "PC and wireless related products along with infrastructure expansion in emerging markets, particularly in China and India, continue to drive sales. Concerns about economic conditions in the U.S. and Europe, coupled with seasonal patterns, bear close monitoring. We remain confident in our $290.5 billion forecast, which represents 28.4 percent annual growth for 2010," Toohey concluded.
SIA will release an updated semiconductor forecast on November 4th.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Galaxy Note 8 might rock next-gen Qualcomm camera tech
- ASUS STRIX Vega 64 trades blows with reference Vega 64
- AMD addresses Radeon RX Vega pricing, stock issues
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes