Expanded Channel Support Drives Opteron 6100 Series Availability for HPC Products
AMD today announced additional infrastructure and channel support for its AMD Opteron 6000 Series platform, the world's first 8- and 12-core x86 processor, addressing the needs of server customers worldwide with its unprecedented price/performance/watt. Since introducing the AMD Opteron 6000 Series platform earlier this year, the continued expansion of channel support and product lineups has helped drive a broad portfolio of highly customized solutions, available for small and medium businesses, enterprises and HPC environments.
Adding to the growing list of AMD Opteron 6100 Series-based channel products deployed in high-performance computing (HPC) environments, a major institution of higher education in Europe recently selected 2U, GPU-optimized Twin servers from AMD channel partner Supermicro for its flagship supercomputer. Furthermore, a nationally ranked research university in the United States recently deployed a 324-node/100 Teraflops system from AMD channel partner Appro to help solve critical research science using AMD Opteron 6100 Series processors.
The latest products available by AMD channel partners include the Appro GreenBlade System for small to mid-size HPC deployments, the SGI CloudRack C2 server for large-scale Internet and cloud computing deployments, ZT Systems 2210Ra 2U Datacenter Server designed for efficiency and cost effectiveness, and many more.
AMD Opteron 6000 Series platform-based solutions are now available by these global Elite and Premier level channel partners:
Latest News Posts
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card