Patriot Introduces New Convoy Storage Devices
Latest in the popular Convoy series maximizes storage and performance, fitting up to four 2.5" drives in a 5.25" drive bay
Fremont, California, USA, September 28, 2010 - Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash and computer peripheral solutions, today announced the immediate availability of the Patriot Convoy 4x4 series of 5.25" bay enclosures for 2.5" Hard Disk Drives or Solid State Drives. The Patriot Convoy 425S and Convoy 425XL expand upon the award winning Convoy product line of 3.5" bay devices for two 2.5" drives.
Designed with storage density and performance in mind, each Patriot Convoy 425S and 425XL storage device provides a simple to install solution for up to four 2.5" HDD or SSD with the 425XL offering RAID functionality. Displayed during the 2010 Computex trade show as part of a technology showcase with high capacity SSD systems, the Convoy 425XL was a key component for the Patriot Artemis II technology demonstration. Paired with 56 Patriot Inferno 100GB SSDs in RAID 0 configuration, the storage and performance benefits of this enclosure were evident: maximum storage density in a small space with extreme performance. In the Artemis II system, the Patriot Inferno SSDs and the Convoy 425XL achieved breathtaking performance of over 240,000 IOPS.
"What started as a way to promote our expertise with large scale SSD storage PCs, evolved into the Convoy 425 series of enclosures" says Jack Chen Director of Business Development. "Expanding on the existing Convoy family of two drive enclosures and offering the four drive enclosures provided an improvement on storage density and performance. The integrated RAID functionality of the Convoy 425XL offers a great step up in features from earlier products and an excellent solution for users building high-density high-performance storage systems."
Patriot Convoy 4x4 enclosures have an industrial design featuring a rugged aluminum housing and two 40mm fans for superior cooling and heat dissipation, four individually hot-swappable drive trays and support HDD or SSD drives up to 12.5mm in height. Hardware RAID functionality on the 425XL model offers RAID 0,1,3,5,10 and JBOD which can be easily configured using the dip switches found on the EZ RAID back-plane. The Patriot Convoy 425S and 425XL are ideal for creating a performance oriented storage solution with scalability.
For more information about Patriot's products and solutions, please contact your Patriot Sales Representative or visit http://www.patriotmemory.com.
About Patriot Memory:
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors throughout the world with operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory's parent company, PDP Systems, Inc., was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand