Patriot Introduces New Convoy Storage Devices
Latest in the popular Convoy series maximizes storage and performance, fitting up to four 2.5" drives in a 5.25" drive bay
Fremont, California, USA, September 28, 2010 - Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash and computer peripheral solutions, today announced the immediate availability of the Patriot Convoy 4x4 series of 5.25" bay enclosures for 2.5" Hard Disk Drives or Solid State Drives. The Patriot Convoy 425S and Convoy 425XL expand upon the award winning Convoy product line of 3.5" bay devices for two 2.5" drives.
Designed with storage density and performance in mind, each Patriot Convoy 425S and 425XL storage device provides a simple to install solution for up to four 2.5" HDD or SSD with the 425XL offering RAID functionality. Displayed during the 2010 Computex trade show as part of a technology showcase with high capacity SSD systems, the Convoy 425XL was a key component for the Patriot Artemis II technology demonstration. Paired with 56 Patriot Inferno 100GB SSDs in RAID 0 configuration, the storage and performance benefits of this enclosure were evident: maximum storage density in a small space with extreme performance. In the Artemis II system, the Patriot Inferno SSDs and the Convoy 425XL achieved breathtaking performance of over 240,000 IOPS.
"What started as a way to promote our expertise with large scale SSD storage PCs, evolved into the Convoy 425 series of enclosures" says Jack Chen Director of Business Development. "Expanding on the existing Convoy family of two drive enclosures and offering the four drive enclosures provided an improvement on storage density and performance. The integrated RAID functionality of the Convoy 425XL offers a great step up in features from earlier products and an excellent solution for users building high-density high-performance storage systems."
Patriot Convoy 4x4 enclosures have an industrial design featuring a rugged aluminum housing and two 40mm fans for superior cooling and heat dissipation, four individually hot-swappable drive trays and support HDD or SSD drives up to 12.5mm in height. Hardware RAID functionality on the 425XL model offers RAID 0,1,3,5,10 and JBOD which can be easily configured using the dip switches found on the EZ RAID back-plane. The Patriot Convoy 425S and 425XL are ideal for creating a performance oriented storage solution with scalability.
For more information about Patriot's products and solutions, please contact your Patriot Sales Representative or visit http://www.patriotmemory.com.
About Patriot Memory:
Patriot Memory designs, manufactures and markets high performance, enthusiast memory modules, flash products, and computing technologies. Patriot products have become world renown for their extreme performance, reliability and innovation. Patriot Memory sells its products through original equipment manufacturers, retailers, e-tailers and distributors throughout the world with operations in North America, Asia and Europe. Patriot Memory's parent company, PDP Systems, Inc., was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Fremont, California, USA.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017